0.39

Jake's POV

I take ahold of her hand as we walk into the local diner in Bayville. My mom gets our reservations and Y/n and I wait.
"You look, beautiful." I said in aw. She smiles.
"Thank you Jake." She said, making fireworks go off inside my heart. My mom and y/n made small talk as we were waiting for our table. I can see it in my mom's eyes that she adores her. And so do I. I can't wait to ask her out. It's been 2 months too long.
We make way to our table and sit down. My mom gets to know y/n and she smiles, politely answering all of the embarrassing questions my mom has to offer. I scratch my neck, feeling my cheeks warm up in embarrassment. Y/n laughs and pats my thigh underneath the table. My attention went to her, which was greeted back with a smile.
"Wait till you meet my parents, they are a thousand times worse." She said to me and my mom laughs. I laugh slightly as well.
We order our food and get to know each other more.

After dinner, we head back to my moms house and see everyone there playing the Xbox, per usual. It was 10pm and they were bumping to some music.
"How was dinner?" Charlie asks.
"Good." Y/n said and plops down on the couch. My mom slips off into her room and heads to bed. We stay down here playing video games.
"Want to come to my room?" I whisper to y/n. Everyone was passed out on the floor and couch. She sleepily nods and we head up to my room.
"I dig it." She said looking it my room. I laugh slightly.
"Thanks." I smile. She smiles back.
"Do you think your mom likes me?" She asks, sitting on my bed. I shake my head, smiling.
"She adores you. And so do I." I said. She smiles.
"Really?"
"Really." I said. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back and I pick her up. She immediately wraps her legs around me and I kiss her lips softly. She kisses me back and looks at me. Then she goes back and kisses me. I passionately kiss her back. She smiles into the kiss and I smile, feeling my cheeks blush up. I unzip the back of her dress, letting the dress fall off her shoulders. She shivers in my arms. I lay her onto the bed and get her a merch hoodie. She throws it on and steps out of the dress. I hang it up and change out in the open into comfy clothes. Out of the corner of my eye I see that she's watching my every move. I smile to myself and turn around. She was still looking at me.
"I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Jake." She said. My heart beats a million miles per hour.
"Me too, baby. Me too."

Jake's POV - the next morning -

I wake up and wrap my arms around y/n. She snuggles into me like she does every morning. I go on my phone and check my emails.
"Morning." She sleepily said.
"Good morning." I kiss her temple. She hums quietly and opens her eyes to look at me.
"What to do, today?"
"It's Charlie's birthday." She gasps.
"Shit! I didn't get him a gift, yet." She groans.
"He doesn't want gifts, just a good day out. We're probably going to get lunch and go to seaside."
"That place you've told me about?"
"Mhm." He hums. I get excited. I've heard great things about it and I can't wait to check it off my bucket list.
"Okay!" I get out of his bed and throw on a oversized sweatshirt I brought. I turn and see Jake staring at me in awe. I blush. "Come on lazy bones, we have a big day." Jake groans playfully and I run over to him and grab his hand, trying to pull him up. He grabs my waist and pulls me over his shoulder and I squeal.
"JAKE!" I yell. He laughs and runs with my down the stairs. I try to get out of his hold and he just laughs even harder. He plops me down on his couch and heads into the kitchen. I smile and hear footsteps by me.
"Hello?" A small voice spoke. I turn my head and see a little kid, shyly standing in the doorframe.
"Hi sweetie." I softly said. The boy runs up to me and smiles.
"Are you Jake's wife?" He asks. I laugh.
"Hey buddy." Jake said to the boy. He runs up to him and Jake picks him up in his arms and hugs him.
"Is that your wife?" He asks again. Jake looks at me and blushed.
"No, she's a friend." He said. The boy pouts.
"But but, mommy is married. Why aren't you?"
"Because." Jake said. He looks at me and licks his lips.
"Because why?" He stampers.
"She isn't even my girlfriend yet." He said. The boy looks at me and smiles.
"Can you play with me?"
"Sure." I smile. Jake sets him down and he runs into the other room.

"That's my sisters son. I guess she dropped him off this morning to go to work." Jake explains. I nod.
"He's a cutie."
"Thanks." Jake said. He grabs ahold of my hand and rubs it. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer to him.
"You know what your lips need?" He said.
"What? Chapstick?" I run my lips to see if they were chapped.
"No, mine." He leans in and I lean forward.
"I GOT MY LEGOS!" Jake's nephew said. Jake and I look at each other and laugh.
•••
This chapter honestly sucks but you guys really want me to update so here you go :)
Also, thank you guys so much for making this book #1 on the hashtag mikeymanfs! I love you guys so much