2. m u q a b i l - Face to Face

"I'm dead. Like soooo dead. Dead as a dead snake." She swerved into the other lane as the car in front of her slowed down.

"Can you umm maybe not drive like a maniac or else we might actually end up dead." Her amused friend muttered from the passenger seat.

"I'm so doomed." She slammed on the break as she almost missed the exit on the highway. She swerved yet again to take the exit. "I basically accused him of being a murderer."

This was the consequence of her always running her mouth at the wrong time in very much wrong places.

"I think I should just drop out. I'll just have a youtube channel. Get famous and rich so I can buy the Alex drawers from Ikea and other useless things from Amazon and make a video about it. I mean Hijab tutorials are very in right now."

"You can hardly tie your own hijab." She could bet her own life that her friend was rolling her eyes.

"Fake it till you make it, Bitch"

"Stop cussing like a sailor." The prim and proper Sanaz scolded her.

"I'm not." She completely denied. Her friend was tripping. When did I ever cuss like a sailor?

"Why do you think we have a swear jar?"

"Because you like to rob the money out of me and eat ice-cream with it." She threw her hand in the air. "Stop changing the topic. If I don't drop out, he is gonna expel me from college for slandering him."

"Rabail, take a deep breath." Her calm voice made her quiet and she took a long breath and sighed. "Let's go eat frozen yogurt."

Well, why not. Might as well just eat her humiliated in the form of yogurt.

~~~

The sun was peeking in through the blinds. Freaking  Sanza. Her perfectionist of a friend was probably ready and conquer the world at 5 am. She snuggled more with Akira as the blinds got pulled up.

"I swear to God, I will murder you one day." She pulled the fleece over her head as the bright light struck her side. "WHo the hell wakes up at five am on Sunday."

"It's one pm." The perfectionist deadpanned. "The other girls are all moved in. You might wanna come out of the Royal throne and grace them with your mighty presence."

"Where is my Royal Crown?" She stretched out her arms and sat up in her bed. She sighed in content as she stretched her muscles. Across the room, her friend shook her head in amusement.

She looked down at the sleepy cat and scratched her head. The cat just rolled and went back to sleep.

"The cat is asleep more hours than the day itself has." She frowned and kept running her hand through Akira's fur.

"She is awake more than you are," Sanaz muttered over her shoulder as she sat there in her black pantsuit. She must be shadowing a case or doing a follow-up.

"Did you have too much lemon water? Why are you so sour on this beautiful lazy Sunday?" Rabail stood up and stretched her arms up. "It's time for the Queen to say hello to the world of peasants."

Sanaz chuckled lightly and Rabail's eyes lightened with happiness as she saw her friend finally smile.

/////

After having the therapy session with Sanaz, she changed out from her pajamas and decided to meet her housemates there were only two other girls. Weird. The apartment was for 6 peoples, 3 bedrooms with 2 people in each. It was weird that there were only 2 other girls out there as it was the last day to move in.