12. n o o r - radiance

Zachary ☝🏻

Remember guys... please comment and vote

     A wave of tension rolled on her body. No longer could she feel the breeze of the ocean. Her need for coat long forgotten. Beauty and the Beast. She watched them. Walking together as if nature stopped its course for them. Sun showering it's golden rays on her, accentuating the porcelain skin and long straight Carmel hair. The wind welcoming them with a slight roar.

     "Who is she?" Falak asked her as she watched them too.

     "Ex-Fiancée." She mumbled. The word felt like a barbed wire rolled into a ball in her throat.

     "Holy Shit!" Falak cursed under breath. "I'm gonna go find out more," Falak smirked.

     "Stay here, Traitor." She held Falak's wrist. "We're not going anywhere."

     "You're not going to say Hi to him."

     "Nope!" She fixed the strap of her bag on her shoulder and stayed in her spot.

     He hadn't noticed her yet. Her small frame hidden behind Falak now. A wave of anger surged in her that she couldn't comprehend why. She narrowed her eyes at him as he turned towards the special edition human next to him and his lips slightly turned up.

     "What the hell is she doing here?" Rayyan's growl startled her.

     Turning her head towards him, her eyes widened. Red flashed into his hazel eyes. His jaw was clenched as he stared at Professor Khan with a burning gaze. It seemed like she wasn't necessarily everyone's favorite. And that thought sent a jolt of satisfaction through her.

     "I'll be right back ladies." He flashed a forced smile at them and walked off in their direction. Meeting them halfway, Rayyan blatantly ignored the woman next to them. She realizes there was another man with them, that was intimately taking part in the argument as the woman shot daggers in the back of Rayyan's head as she stared at him.

     "Oooh Drama!" Falak exclaimed. "I'm gonna go find some popcorn." Jeez, was this girl ever in her right mind?

     "FALAK!" She called after her fleeting friend.

     She wasn't sure if it was her call after her friend or if it was mere coincidence that he looked up and their eyes met. His eyes flashed with shock for a second and then narrowed at her. He was consistently arguing with the three people around him, but his eyes never once wavering from her. As if they were having their own silent conversation.

     "Here." Her friend thrust a big bag of popcorn towards her as she held one of her own.

      "Where did even you find these?" Asking her friend as she opened the bag.

     "Not important. So what's the tea?"

     "How would I know?" She looked in the bag of popcorn to get a handful.

     "Oh damn. Who that with Hot Sauce?" She heard her friend's saccharine sweet voice. Not again.

      She looked up and Rayyan was walking back with the man that had earlier been with Professor Khan and the lady critter. The thought of her just had her almost scowling. But she refused to look their way.

     Rayyan and his friend came to halt in front of them. The man had a lopsided smile playing on his lips as he met them. The color of his perfectly parted hair matched the raven of the night. The same color reflected in his eyes. The darkest of all she had ever seen. Life playing in the pair of onyx. Weirdly, just the presence of him brought the lightness in the air.