6. m o a m a - Enigma

At least she didn't have to see him today. That's how she started her day but only if she knew she'd jinxed it the moment she thought about him.

She sighed as she stabbed the piece of lettuce. Who the fuck thought it was okay to eat tasteless piece of grass? She threw it out and decided to go down to the food court on graduate side of the campus. She didnt have it in her to deal with gazillion and three undergrads and their war for food.

She was humming as she walked across the hallway and bought a giant burrito for herself. As she was walking back someone blocked her in the hallway. She looked up and it was William and he did not look happy. The icy blue of his eyes looked angry like fire amidst a cerulean ocean. Lines creased his forehead where his hair fell in a blond mess. His jaw was clenched and he was in no mood to joke around.

"What do you want Frosty?"

"You fucking promised." He said as he gritted his teeth. "You said you'd call me if you even thought about it."

His words alerted her as she looked left and right to make  sure no one was paying heed to them.

"I'm not gonna do this here." She hissed. She tried to go around him.

"Really?" He blocked her with his tall frame from escaping. "You don't want do this here. You don't want to talk about this at home. You don't want to call me. You don't want to get help. So when can I get an appointment with you to about this?"

"None of your damn business."

"I'm going to make it my business."

"Who even told you? I haven't even done anything." She was lying and contradicting herself. If it was anyone else, they would ahve believed everything, but this was her best friend, Frosty, he knew how well she could lie.

"Sanaz." He raised his eyebrow, challenging her to counter argue.

"Snitch." She cursed under her breath and then said, "She is mistaken." but to his benefit she pulled her sleeve unconciously.

"Really?" He stared at her in disbelief. She nodded and tried to skip around him but he held her arm and she flinched.

"Ouch. What the hell are you doing?" She shrilled in pain.

"I thought you said nothing happened." He crossed his arms across his chest and stared at her with smug expressions. So smug that she wanted to sock him in the face.

"Fuck you, William." She spat in anger. "Don't come see me again, ever." She pushed him and turned around to run but she skidded and came to halt.

Great. She wanted to cry. Hell would be a lot easier than this. She bit her lip as she came face to face with one person she wanted to avoid at any cost. God. She pleaded to the one above. Her life was going down the spiral day by day and she was really starting to regret choosing this university. She stared ahead in despair.

He stood their with guarded gaze in all his glory in a perfectly tailored and creaseless suit. His light brown hair tied back so skillfully. He watched her with his calculating amber eyes. They did look so fucking beautiful in the peeking sun-rays from the window.

Hot tears burned her eyes but she swallowed the lump in her throat and held herself together. She walked past him with her held high and without any acknowledgement what so ever.

۰۰۰۰۰

She was an enigma. One that provoked the emotions that died a very painful death in him long ago.

For years, his life had been in a quiet ivory stillness. The balmy quiet that he craved for years. He craved silence not from the physical noise, but from the emotional uproar and guilt. Nightmares had kept him up for most of his life. His mother's last words were the only medicine that healed his wounded heart.