17. j h o o t - a lie

Remember to comment and vote. Love reading your thoughts.

/////

Not feeling it. Rain Check? - Rabail

It's all good. Ssup? R u ok? - Snazzy

Headache. Nauseous. - Rabail

r u pregnant? - Snazzy

Bitch!!!! - Rabail

Chuckling, she replied to her friend.

U smiled didnt u? Love ya nd will bring some tacos for u. Gonna go grab Frosty. - Snazzy

U r the blessing of my life ❤️ - Rabail

     Her limbs were heavy. Like her body was just a pile of bones weighing in on her soul. Her mind was foggy and blank. Her body was numb. The only remote feeling in her body was the throbbing pain in her forearm.

     Curtains were pulled. The light was off. Akira was sitting in the window licking the toy. Darkness enveloped her, hiding her from the crushing realities. Giving her the battlefield to confront her brutal thoughts.

     Her mother's eyes flashed in front of her. Filled with contempt, disgust, hate. As if she was the grave mistake of their life. A regret she couldn't forget. Cancer with no cure. An unforgiving sin. The cause of her destruction.

     Her body stirred as she felt the phone vibrating somewhere on her bed. Constantly. She rolled around and found it. Answering without looking.

     "I've been trying to contact you for hours." He sounded exasperated and helpless. "This thing is trying to walk around but can't with that broken leg. What do I do?"

     She closed her eyes. Listening to him. Listening to his breathing. Familiarity making her calm.

     "Rabail?"

     "Hmm?"

    "Are you there?"

     "Yeah."

     "The cat?"

     "Comfort him. Put him in the crook of your arm and run your hand across his back. He needs comfort."

     There was silence between them. Stretched for minutes.

     "Rabail?"

     "Yes"

     "What's wrong?"

     "Nothing." She couldn't put it in words so she did what she always has been doing. Keeping it all bottled in.

     "Why are you so quiet? What's wrong?"

     "How do you know?"

    "I just know that there is something. Are you okay?"

     "Okay?" She wondered about it. She didn't know what it meant. "I don't know what okay is supposed to look like. Do your thoughts stop suffocating you? Do your memories stop drowning you? Do you stop craving pain?"

      "Rabail," his voice was quiet. As if hurting for her. "You didn't, did you?"

     He was asking about her cuts. He knew what she did. He knew what her poison was.