29. i q r a r - confession

She rolled in her bed as the night faded out, making way for the luminous sun. Even the sun couldn't reach where she was. The dark place she was had no way out. It was suffocating her. Making her claustrophobic.

For others things fell apart. But She thought for past few months for her things were falling in place. She was living a illusion, thinking she deserved something better than darkness and pain. Well, fate put her in her place. Snatching everything in a second.

Her phone had been off since she had come home past friday. It was almost a week now. And she was stuck in the whirlpool, neither drowning nor surviving. Her brother had been calling, trying to get through to her, but she didn't do anything. Her days were spent staring at ceiling.

Now that she had come to terms with her reality. She was hit with the dilemma whether she wanted to know who her father was. Was he even alive? Would he ever want to see her? What he also rejected  her?

Sanaz had come home. Scolding her. Frosty had come. Yelling at her. Zarmina came. Consoling her. But she just stared at their faces. Hardly listening to what was being said.

But he had stayed away, yet she knew he came everyday. Checking up on her through Falak. Bringing food for her. Peeking a glance at her and then leaving. But he also hadn't been back for past two days.

The only reason she left the bed was because she needed to use the bathroom. Even Akira was taken care of by Sanaz.

She just couldn't leave the bed. Sleep becoming her escape. The blanket her safety. And she was there once again staring at the wall when the door opened.

     "Come on let's go." Sanaz sat on the edge of the bed. Running her hands through Rabail's disheveled hair. She closed her eyes in content. It felt good. "You need to leave your bed. Come on lets get ready."

     "I'm not going, Sanaz." She turned around, her back towards Sanaz, facing the wall. "He is going to be there. I can't go. He invited me. I can't do this. I don't want to face him. He expects things that I can't give him."

      She was glad her eyes were closed, caging her tears.

     "Rayyan invited us all after him. This is us. He is our friend."

     "No, it's his people. His life. I have lost it all. I'm not going back. I'm trying to leave all this."

     She heard her dejected roommate sigh.

     "Why are you taking it out on him?"

     "Because leaving everything and everyone is easy. Except him. He is like blood in my veins. Light of my eyes. But I can't do this. I can't when I know that the moment he finds out the truth he is going to leave any ways."

"You don't know that, Rabail."  Her roommate's fingers were detangling the nest of her hair. It felt soothing.

"I know my truth Sanaz and I can't even accept myself so how can I believe he is going to accept me."

"What's causing all this Rabail, tell me. You're hurting, babe, let us in."

"No." She sniffed.

     "Hello Bitches!" She heard Falak's exciting voice. "How do I look?"

      She turned around and literally had her jaw drop. Falak was wearing a dress. A knee length Red Velvet skater dress with leggings and heeled ankle boots.

      "You look so damn beautiful." She sat up against the wall. Her long, disheveled brown hair falling on her shoulder's.

"You're wearing a dress?" Sanaz stared at their housemate with wide eyes. "Did the sun come out from the wrong side or what?"