22. h a d s a - accident

remember to comment and vote please? ❤️

"You did what????" Zach stood up as she stuffed another spoonful of Coconut flavored frozen yogurt. "He is going to murder me with his bare hands."

"What was I supposed to do? Tell him the truth?" She said as it was the most obvious thing.

"Anything but that." He ran his hands through the mass of raven black hair.

"Why?"

"Did you just ask me why?" She shrugged at his disbelief. He didn't know whether to be shocked or laugh. "Are you that dense or are you acting like one?"

"What do you mean?"

"You really don't know." He stared at his own cup of frozen treat and then back at her. "What am I going to do with you two?"

"Anyways, she called." She took a long breath and looked in to the brown of his eyes. The easiness fleeting from them. "She wants to meet. Probably is going to fly down sometime this week."

He dropped the spoon in the cup and leaned back in the cold chair, covering his face with palms of his hands.

"Why don't you talk to her?" Swirling the yogurt, she asked him.

"I can't." His voice was nothing like she knew of him. Everything comic about him had been long gone. The man in front of her was busy in his own battle. "I gave her my words to never look back. To never ask. To never return." He removed his hands from his face and stared back. "I haven't seen her in 12 years. I gave her my words, Noor, That's the only dignity I have left."

"Is it worth it? Maybe this time you need to go back on words because some promises just break people should have never been made in first places."

"Maybe. I should have, but this was all I had. This was the only thing connecting us. A thread what could have been. Just something Between her and I even if it's damaged me in a way."

"Are you going to see her?"

"No. No. I can't. She wanted this and she is going to get it." He gritted his teeth and stood up.

"This is causing too much pain, Zach. I'm not sure this is all going to end well. What if I lose him?" God, that thought. It was like she was asking for death. Why couldn't he bare the thought of losing him? Why did he mattered so much?

"You won't. You are giving him back everything."

am I? Or am I just ruining whatever little is there?

/////

Her phone didn't vibrate. There was no photo of Willow. No harmless flirtatious text. No stupid cat questions. No argument about her coffee.

What have I done?

She sat in the window sill as Akira played with the book in her hand. Nothing was able to distract her. Not even books.

How's Willow? - Rabail

Fine - Lucifer

Can I come see her? - Rabail

The shameless audacity she had.

Up to you. Unless you have FroYo date. - Lucifer

Sassy much.

I'm coming over to see Willow. - Rabail

There was no reply. She was getting her jacket from the closet when her eyes fell on the one he had given her. She never gave it back to him. Returning it seemed like the end of everything so she left in the closet.