36. g h a r - home

Remember to vote and comment

"Are you going to be okay?"

Sanaz pulled away from the hug, wiping the lone tear that had skipped her eye.

"Go. You have court appearance." She tried to shoo away her friend who spent the night consoling her.

"A little space and time is okay. Don't take it to the worst ending. He'll be back, okay?" Sanaz tucked her hair behind her ear and hugged her once more before leaving.

Time and Space. She put her head on the pillow, tears swiping across her cheeks. She wanted to give him all the time and space he needed, but how could he tell her to go away?

She had left because he begged her too, and she couldn't see him in pain. Her own heart splintered piece by piece because how helpless she felt. He wouldn't let her in. He build those wall back up. 

Two days. Not seeing his face. Not hearing his voice. Her head was spinning. Why was he doing it? She knew he needed her, but he was hiding behind his walls.

Was he eating properly? Was he sleeping? What if he did something?

She called his office. There was no answer. She called the department. He had taken sick leave.

What the hell are you doing, Asfandyar?

She missed him. She missed seeing his smile. She missed his peace. She missed his arms around her.

She called him again. The phone was off. More tears following their way in her pillow. Fear and anxiety crawling in her veins, seeping in her cells. Ya Allah, please, I can't lose him, please. She begged her Lord.

If she couldn't fix it for him at least she could pick up the pieces and hold him until he was ready to heal, but why wouldn't he let her do that? Did he blame her for opening that chapter of his life again?

For the nth time that week she fell asleep with pricking tears in her eyes, waiting for his call.

/////

Her phone buzzed. She shot up in her bed. It's him. She searched for her phone in the bed, but when she found it and the screen flashed. Her shoulders slumped.

It was an unknown number calling her at three in the morning.

Her heart pounded in her chest. What if something happened to him. Her fingers trembled as she tried to swipe the screen and spoke into the phone.

"Hello?"

/////

She was losing her mind with anger. People around her were making her lose her sanity piece by piece. First her husband, then her roommate, and now Falak. It was probably the thousand time she tried to call Sanaz, but her highness didn't bother to answer.

Parking the car in the back, she ran to the entrance. Shivering as the Rain bolted down on her angrily. I'm going to fücking murder all of them. She stood as the officer patted her down and ran the metal detector.

"This way." The lady showed her through the station, but how could she tell her that this place had become her second home to her because of the friend she was here for. "Over there."

She pointed at drunk Falak behind bars, who was cussing like a sailor. she closed her eyes and tried to calm her anger and not yell at her at the station.

"What did she do?" She went to the desk, signing her name in the visitor form.

"Drunk Driving. Chasing those boys with her car and almost crashing into them. Hitting that boy over there with a Beer Can and underage drinking."