16. g h u t a n - suffocation

Remember guys... please comment and vote

/////

     Like a dam had cracked and impossible to be stopped. That's how he felt as he opened up to her. The words that he had never spoken to anyone. The atrocities of his own people that he buried deep in his heart. The brutality that his body still remembered during certain nights. His fate had been ruthless, but how could he blame his fate when his own father had been the one to throw him in hell without any remorse?

     But she was crying for him? Why was she crying for him? Nobody had cried for him except his mother and maybe his sister but he didn't know. But someone's heart was breaking for him. Of a girl, he had no connection to. Of a girl who herself needed someone to cry for. Of a girl who was holding on to pain herself as a survival.

     He couldn't tell her more. He couldn't tell her that life had been way cruel than her. He couldn't break her heart any more than he did already. He couldn't voice the sadistic tales of his childhood to her. He couldn't even bring it on his own tongue so how could this fragile girl in front of him even listen.

     "Why are you crying?"

     "I don't know." She sobbed as she angrily wiped her tears with her palm. "You have been making me cry for like past two weeks."

     Her body shook as the light laughter erupted in his chest. Leave it to her to come up with some absurd excuses.

     "How did you survive?"  She asked as she reached for the coffee that was probably cold by now.

     "As I said, I don't know how my mother knew she was leaving this world. Few days before that call she had contacted my grandfather. Dada Jaan had disowned both his eldest sons in their twenties, Sultan and Osman. So we had never met our grandfather. My mother somehow had found a way to contact him and told him what my father did. Dada was a highly decorated retired Army General. The very reason he disowned my father and my uncle. It was shameful for him to have sons who were destroying the country he went to war for. The country he was ready to die for was getting poisoned by his own sons."

     "Anyways, he had high connections in the military and government so somehow through his connections he had found where I was and came to take me away. Osman Uncle fought hard, but when Dada pulled out his gun and rolled into his jeep that man ran fast without looking back twice." He rubbed his face with his hands as if to wipe the dried tears as he came back to sit across from her. "It was such a heroic moment like the ones in movies. My Dada became the hero I needed. My Dada became the one to save me from that torment. We drove for hours and hours. Without a word. Without a question. He took me to Swat and I spent the most peaceful four years with him. Searching for Faith and For redemption. And I found it in my Grandfather's words and my Grandmother's love as I put my head in her lap and she told me the stories of her childhood and her Swat."

     "You found home." She smiled sadly at him. He could see she craved home for herself and all he could hope for her that she found it before it got too late.

     "I did." He didn't realize how much he missed Dada and Dadi. He was meant to call them, but the whole cat fiasco had happened and now here he was with his heart half open in front of her. But he wasn't scared. For some odd reason, he trusted her with all of it. Maybe it was the pain he recognized in her eyes. Or the scars scattered on her arms. Or the unrequited wishes in her words. There was something that connected him to her on a soul level.