25. i j a z a t - permission

She had zipped up the bag and pushed it under the bed. The room without Sanaz felt empty. She has gone to Washington D.C. with Her cohort. Falak and Zarmina were staying back and celebrating Thanksgiving with Rayyan and his family. And Ayla flew back after staying for a week

She sighed and flopped back on the bed.

She saw a different kind of Asfandyar. The overprotective yet emotional Asfandyar Khan. The older brother of Ayla. Her arrival opened the locked part of his heart. His eyes were filled with easiness. His lips never letting go of that barely there smile.

God, he looked gorgeous. The curves of his lips taking her breath away. The moment he'd find something to smile about and then steal a glance at her. Sharing his moment of happiness with her. Running his hand through the mass of unruly hair, when their eyes would meet.

She missed him.

But there was something else that was happening. The realization was hitting her piece by piece. The puzzle completing itself with the days she spent with Ayla at his home. The days she spent in his office, staying way past her allocated hours. Sometimes just sitting there savoring the silence they shared.

She was falling. She was falling hard for him. Her heart lurching at any thought of him, finding excuses to talk to him, to go see him. His shadowy dark eyes chasing her thoughts.

The essence of him getting imprinted on her soul like the ink was tattooed on his skin.

I miss you 😐 - Lucifer
I miss my car - Rabail

She laughed at her reply, knowing ver well that it was going to annoy him.

Rude!!!! - Lucifer
I miss you too - Rabail
Come home... permanently - Lucifer.

Her heart was beating so fast and with such force that she though it might burst open. This was the second time he had said something like that. The first time she thought it was a mistake. A slip of tongue. A confession lacing with hasty emotions because he was emotional, but he brought it again.

Her phone started vibrating. She started at the screen it was him. Breathing. She calmed herself. Sliding her finger across the screen, she answered.

Holding the phone, listening to the rhythm of his breathing. She was entranced by him merely being there in silence.

"Did you mind what I said?" He voice was barely audible. Shaky.

"No." She could barley pronounce a word let alone a whole sentence. "But..."

"What is it, Rabi?"

"What is this that we have between us? I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't. Whatever we are doing." She rolled over in her bed staring at the hanging fairy lights as she ran her hand through Akira's fur.

"What we have doesn't have a name. We are not in a relationship because we can't be in one with what we believe in, but whatever this is I want it. I want to do this the right way."

"What do you want Asfandyar?"

Her eyes were closed. She was listening to each and word. The way he pronounced them. She wanted to be close to  him. She wanted to put her ear against his chest. Listen to the beating heart. She wanted to trace the ink coiling around his arms and neck and ask him about the secrets they held. She wanted to run her fingers through his stubble and across his neck and feel the rumble of his throat when he quietly told her the tales of his beloved Swat.