43. a z a a d - free

There was an eerie silence when she got back. An utter and complete silence. The smile wavered on her lips as she walked through the colossal Living room. Ayla's sketches were scattered near the Sofa. Something happened here. She could feel it in her guts.

She took two steps at a time, running up the stairs. She knocked on the door of Ayla's room, but she seemed to be not there. Confused, she returned to the room that was theirs and pushed open the door.

There he was. His leg rocking against the bed in speed motion. His knuckles turned white as he held on to the edge of the bed. He was staring at the carper without blinking. Beads of sweat forming on his forehead. His breathing was so harsh she thought he might just howl at her.

"Asfi?" She threw her bag away on the chair and came to his side. "Asfi, what happened?"

She put her hand gently against his tightened jaw. He closed his eyes in her touch. She perched up and sat in his lap, cloaking both her arms around him. She wrapped him in her embrace.

"I'm here." She knew there was something that happened. He was supposed to spend the day with Ayla as she did with her father. But the darkness of the night seemed to have brought on another wave of the storm for him. "Just breathe." Snaking her arms under his shirt, she rubbed his back. Drawing circles with the tips of her fingers, tracing his raised skin, and just whispering in his ear.

"He has no remorse, Rabi." He spoke the harsh words against her skin as he hid face in the crook of her neck. "Even after years, I didn't see anything but the thirst for money and power." Pushing her left hand in his hair, she soothed him and listened to the dread in his words. 

"He looked me dead in the eye and said he feels bad for me, but he won't apologize for his actions. I didn't care what happened to me, but the least he could have done was to keep that pedophile away from Ayla. That's all I begged for."

He snarled and she pulled him closer. She knew he was breaking down. She was anticipating that since they stepped into this villa, but she didn't know it was going to be this heartbreaking, that it'd be hard to hold him together. The only thing she could pray for was that this storm didn't destroy his peace.

"He is a fûcking psychopath. We are his kids. Damn it." He sucked in his breath and as if a switch had flipped in his brain. He pulled back his head, staring at her with the catastrophe in his eyes. No. She tightened her arms around him. He was snarling at her and getting out of her hold. "I'm his son. He said I'm just like him. What if I do that to my kids? What if I can't love them? And you..." he finally broke her hold on him. He brushed her tears away, caressing her face. "You're so delicate and full of love... what if I hurt you? No. No. You have to go."

"ASFANDYAR!" She yelled at him. The world standing still in a haze for her. She inhaled the air around her sharply, what the hell was he saying. "I swear Asfandyar if you said one more word. I'm going to hurt you." She was grasping for threads. Anything to hold on and stop him.

"I need to go, baby, I don't want to turn all this in a ruin." He pushed her arms away from his wrist and walked to the door.

"I swear to Allah, Asfi. If you so much as stepped out of this door right now, you will never see my face again in your life." She stood up, the words left her lips in a whisper and shackled his feet to the floor. His body froze where he was.

"Rabi?" He turned around as if she had taken his breath away from her. "Don't do this, please. I'm in pain."

"You can't run like this. I'm here to share everything with you. Your pain, your love, your happiness, your family, your demons and nightmares... everything, Asfi." She left the edge of the bed and went closer to him, but he stepped back. As if his touch would burn her, but it didn't stop her. "You won't hurt me. I know you. Let me be there."