31. b e h i j a b a n a - unveiled

"Qubool hai!"
("I do!")

The words left her lips and her whole life changed. There was this unwavering trust in her that made her say yes. A few tears escaping her eyes and falling on her clasped hand. The happiness bubbling in her stomach yet making her beyond emotional.

After exchanging the bands, the imam went on to give a brief message about the importance of marriage in Islam and the importance of respect, love, and affection in this pious relationship. Every time the imam called them husband and wife, butterflies would flutter in her stomach. Married. Ya Allah, She never thought she'd be married like this to a man who was madly and respectfully in love with her.

The red zari dupatta still veiling her face as Falak put a mirror in front of them. She closed her eyes, taking a long breath. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked at the oval mirror and her eyes met the alluring dark ones that were staring back at her with so much awe and emotions. My husband. The word struck her and she smiled. This man was hers for this lifetime and life beyond this world.

He stared at her as if he was enchanted by the captivating pair of brown eyes. My beautiful wife. He held her hand and interlaced their fingers as they completed each other worlds and half of their deen.

She was still dazed as the guys left to bid goodbye to the imam. This moment was surreal. As if she was passing through a dream. A beautiful and breathtaking dream. Falak and Sanaz removed the dupatta from her head and fixed a white hijab on her head as they prepared for the dinner with their family and friends.

"Congratulations, Bitch!!!" Falak wrapped her in a bone-crushing hug.

"This doesn't feel real." The smile never leaving her lips that were painted with crimson red lipstick.

"You deserve this beautiful moment more than anyone else." Sanaz held her hands and they both stared at the pair of rings on her left hand.

Growing up watching the classic Bollywood movies, she had wanted the typical wedding with ten different outfits, dazzling jewelry, and thousand and so guests at a grand venue. But then here she was in a simple white dress, in a delicate set of jewelry that Ayla brought telling her that her mom had kept this for Asfandyar's bride, sharing his mothers duas and blessings with her, as they shared small intimate wedding with the people that mattered and who were truly happy for her and prayed for their happiness. And that's all that mattered. As this last-minute planed wedding became the happiest and perfect moment of her life.

Her friends were congratulating her when the boys walked in. Her eyes flashed up, clashing with his. Mirth playing in those mahogany shade of radiant eyes. One god damn beautiful lucifer as walked to her in his black suit. The tie matching the red of her veil and those damn hair tied as usual. This stunning man was hers now. Her man. Her man with whom she was desperately, madly, and hopelessly in love with.

The boys teased him and Hassan, as usual, threatened to make him disappear from the face of this earth even if he so much as brought a tear to her eyes. She rolled her eyes and Asfandyar winked at her from across the room.

His living room witnessed the union, the laughter, the teasing, and the emotional goodbye of Hassan as he promised to come back and see her during Winter Break. The night ending on a dinner that was filled with delicious food, melodious laughter, and good company.