40. a z i a t - affliction

Sanaz was shaking her head and taking out the clothes she had roughly stuffed in suitcase, neatly folding it and packing it back in. While Falak was lying back on the cushion near the window, playing with Akira.

"So you're telling me that Recycled Plastic Barbie is your sister." Falak squinted at her. Rabail nodded. "Eeeew... I got a cold shiver just listening to that... it couldn't be like someone else... i don't know some celebrity." Falak made a face and Rabail just laughed.

"Recycled Barbie is not even the problem. There are like two other siblings and all of them are Surgeons. Do you know what I feel like... that token failed sibling... not that we are full Siblings or even siblings but like still."

"Like all of them are Surgeons? The Mom too?" Sanaz raised her eyebrows.

"Mhmmmm. I mean I'm just a baby journalist with a small website." Rabail flopped back on the bed.

"You'll survive." Falak scoffed. "But do you have a hot billionaire surgeon brother. Like I'm totally ready to be a trophy wife. You know the one that waves at charities wearing those big sun hats and obnoxious sunnies."

"Falak!" Sanaz threw her hands in the air. "Let me get Rayyan and you repeat that in front of him."

"DON'T EVEN SAY HIS NAME IN FRONT OF ME." Falak fummed.

"What did you do this time?" Sanaz and Rabail looked at each other said it together.

"ME? I didn't do anything. I was just going 90 and he pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket. Then he is like if I catch you speeding next time. I'm going to suspend your license with 500 hours of community service."

Sanaz and Rabail's eyes met and they burst out laughing at fuming Falak.

"He is the only who can straighten you up." Sanaz high fived Rabail. "I'm just surprised how is he still holding up and dealing with you. I mean he really is blinded by love."

"Go die, bîtch," She threw a cushion on Rabail's face and took Akira with her and started leaving.

"FALAK!" Rabail yelled between her fits of laughter. "Asfi left some Biryani for you. He said you can have as much as you want."

Falak stopped in her tracks and flipped her hair over shoulder.

"Just so you know, Akira and Asfandyar are my only two favorites in this house." She stomped her foot and went to the kitchen.

"I'm so happy she found Rayyan though!" Rabail fell back on the bed. "And that he doesn't let her get away with most things."

"She's been so much happier. I've seen her change for better." Sanaz zipped the suit case and on to the other one. "You haven't changed with your stupid habits. Who packs like this?" Sanaz scolded her.

"I mean I m gonna have to take it out again and iron it again so why not just stuff it in. Why do I have to make everything so presentable?" She shook her head as Falak was back with a plate full of Biryani and yogurt.

"I forgot to ask you," She said as she sat back near the window with her plate of food. "Are you going to see your father before you leave for Pakistan?"

"Maybe." She sighed, staring at ceiling and following the patterns. "We only have a week so I'm gonna see how I am feeling. I don't want to go to Pakistan with a bad start and feeling. I want this trip to be for us. For our time together. So I m not too sure."

"Did your mom call after your attempt?" Sanaz asked. God, it was so weird updating them on her life. Living witht them, they knew everything and now she was so close to them still but life was not the same.