28. d u a - prayer

He'd seen blood. He'd seen people bathed in blood and their bodies shelled with bullets. He himself had been bloody and battered once, but the moment he had hit her room door, her throat had lurched with sourness.

She was lifeless on the floor in the middle of shattered glass and blood. His Broken Angel. Barely breathing as her eyes rolled back into her head.

He was frozen. Move, Asfandyar. Hold her. A voice pushing him, but he stayed frozen. The sirens outside the house becoming louder and louder. Her body was becoming heavier as Hassan cried and wrapped her wrists with her hijab to stop the bleeding.

Angel of death so close. Knocking on their door. As if it was coming for him instead of her because He felt suffocated. His heart struggling to beat.

The paramedics pushed past him. Resuscitating her. Doing something to her wrists. Taking out the blood bags.

He fell to his knees.

Ya, Allah. I'm begging Ya Allah. Don't take her away from me. And I will sacrifice anything and everything for her. Ya Allah, I've suffered and I've been violated and I've been abused, but I never asked for anything but I endured everything with sabr, but Ya Allah I'm asking and begging for her life.

They took his Rabi away. Hassan trailing behind her. He was still on the ground beginning his Lord. Staring at the stained carpet. He got up and went in. The glass crushing under his boots. He picked up the the veil.

Her blood soaked Duppata. His tears falling on them. He held it close and left her room without a backward glance. He couldn't look at it again.

He was about to leave the house when his eyes fell on the woman standing by the window. How can a mother be so heartless? And then something fired inside him. The anger burning in his veins.

"I swear to God Mrs. Azeem, if I so much as lose that woman today. I will wreck your life. I will ruin whatever you have and burn this house down. You better pray for your dear life and hope that my Rabail survives or else no one else will breathe either."

He slammed the door behind as his angry demons sleeping at the bay started waking up. He wanted to set the world on fire. He wanted to go to war with his own fate and destroy whatever came in his way.

For the safety of his own sanity and the world around him, he just hoped she was alive.

He sat on the uncomfortable white chair in that cold hospital hallway. Staring at the dusty rose duppatta, which was now dark red with her dried blood on it. He remembered how it looked on her her. The way she had smiled as she caught him staring at her.

He put the veil on his lap as he stared as his hands. Her dried blood on it. You should've trusted your Asfi, Rabail. His silent tears falling on his hands, mixing with the flakes of dried blood.

He turned to the left as Hassan sat on the floor against the wall. He was numb. His sweater had imprints of her blood and he just stared at the door where Rabail was.

They had given her blood transfusion. Sedated her because she was too violent when she had once tried to open her eyes and screamed.

"I shouldn't have left her in that house alone. I knew what happened the last time." Hassan's voice was guilt ridden. "I should have been there. I've failed her twice." He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"Hassan..."

"You know... She builds this world around her that consists of friends and friends and more friends. You take a look at her and all you see is this girl full of life just surrounded by so many people that she can't even keep count of them. But you ever take a closer at her? The closer you go to her the more walls you see and in her walls all you see are her and her loneliness. You don't even see us because she doesn't let us in. She has created this web of friends because she is always looking for love. When you don't get something at your home, you go out looking for it. You start looking for it in others. You find bits and pieces of it in different people. And that's her still looking for something whole because those bits and pieces aren't enough to crack through her walls."