24. a y l a - halo

remember to comment and vote please? ❤️

Sorry for the mistakes

She didn't know whether to comfort the girl in front of her or run after him. The girl in front of her seemed to be more in need of comfort as she was shaking, still staring at the door where he had disappeared long ago.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was going to come in. Oh God, I'm really sorry."

"He didn't recognize me at first." Her lips trembled as the words quietly left her lips. She stared down at her boots. "He didn't know who I was."

"Come here." Rabail held her arm and walked to the couch. Her own head slightly spinning, but she just closed her eyes and shook her head. Sitting on the couch she rubbed her forehead. "I'm sorry. I wanted to warn him at least. I think he was in shock that's why he left. He'll come around. I'll bring him. I promise."

"What if he doesn't want to see me." She was clearly shaken by his reaction.

"Hoe could he not." She squeezed her hand in assurance. "You're his sister. It took him a few seconds but he did recognize you. Last time he saw you, you were sixteen. He just wasn't expecting you to be here, like this. I'm sure for him you're still that sixteen years old. His little Ayla."

"You think so?" The glimmer of hope waking up in her dark eyes, the spitting image of his. Just as big and dark as his were.

"Yes," She nodded

"Thank You, Rabail, for reaching out to me and for doing this. I've been wanting to come and visit him, but I couldn't build up the courage. Scared that he might never want to see me. He went through so much for me. I'm forever going to be grateful even if this was all I got."

"No, I promised, right. This is not it. I'm going to go find him and bring him right back. He needs a little bit time and he can have that today, but I'll bring him back." She got up picking up her bag and texting Falak to give her a ride. She put her phone in the bag and turned back towards her. "One more thing, Ayla." She whispered because she knew the truth was going to shock her further. "I didn't do all this. Someone else did, who cares for you and Asfandyar." Ayla stared back at her in confusion. "Zach gave me your number and came up with all this."

Ayla froze. Her hands turning cold. The guilt rising further in her eyes and swimming with tears. Zachary Wahab. The man whose heart she broke and he still loved her unconditionally.

"I'm going to go find him okay. I texted Sanaz and Zarmina. They are super nice. They'll be here to keep you company."

Ayla nodded, but Rabail knew she was still coming to terms with the truth she just came across. She wanted to stay and talk about everything, but she needed to go and find him. Make sure he was okay. She should have known. How could I forget? She was blaming herself for this blunder.

The moment she held on to the door, her vision turned hazy and her body started aching. She shivered. She wasn't supposed to move, but she needed to go. She needed to bring him back. Ayla needed her brother. Fucking stupid, stupid... stupid... stupid me.

She sat in the passenger seat as Falak started driving. She called him once again, but his phone was off.

"Are you fucking stupid? You're supposed to be in bed. Not running around in rain like this."

"I need to find him, Falak." She replied, monotonously. Calling him yet again, hoping for a miracle that the call might go through.

"Where do you want me to go?"