18. d o s t - friend

remember to comment and vote, please. 

    She averted her eyes to him. His forehead creased as he rolled up her sleeve. Oblivious to the slender woman watching him with stars in her eyes.

     "Give me the First Aid Kit."

     "Are you okay, Khan?" Her voice dipped in worry.

     "Yeah." Not bothering with any more words, He took the box from Zach. "She needs stitches." Taking the antiseptic wipes, he cleaned the wound. Blowing on it as the alcohol stung as a bit.

     Her wound long forgotten as she watched the hair fall on his forehead, brushing the furrowed forehead. She wished to run her fingers across the worry lines and smoothen it and then run her fingers in the chaos of his hair.

     She'd never seen him with hair untied and this was her new favorite look.

     "Stitch it up and don't ask questions." He warned his friend. The stunning woman nodded. Confused yet kept her lips shut after his warning.

     The woman snapped the gloves on and picked up the tools from the box. Sitting in front of her, the woman gave her a long look and started tending to the wound.

     "Noor," Zach called out as he stood against the balcony door. "Sweetheart, you didn't have to do the exorcism stuff with your blood to get close to me. All you have to do is ask and I'm yours, babe."

     "I don't know man. My charms weren't working on you so I tried my juju shit and see Here I am, aren't I?"

     He burst out laughing, but certain someone rather growled.

      "I like you, Noor. You and I are gonna bond well."

     "Zachary." He sneered at his friend. "If you could get her a glass of orange juice that'd be more helpful than your love story."

      She glanced in his way. He was sitting on the chair right next to her, still holding her hand, now the right one and she couldn't be more thankful.

     As the needle pricked her skin, she held on to his hand harder, to the point that it left marks on his hand, but he didn't say anything, let her hang on to it. The next piercing of her skin was harsher than the first. So much so that an anxious scream left her throat. Her eyes widened and met his concerned gaze.

     "Be careful Maheen! For God's sake, you're a surgeon. Do your job." He snarled. "Properly."

     Her head whirled around as if he'd just physically slapped her and humiliated the whole existence of her.

     "Exactly, Khan. I'm the surgeon here so let me do my job." She gritted her teeth and forced a smiled as she turned back towards her and worked on the wound.

     "I told you it was fine as it was." Narrowing her eyes at him in frustration, she whisper-yelled. "It fucking hurts."

     "As if leaving it open was not going to hurt and give you joy instead." He deadpanned. She scowled at him.

     "Yo Sweetheart," Zach chimed in as he stood in the suite's kitchen with an orange juice bottle. "It's not even that bad. This one right here." He pointed to his brooding friend. "He broke my leg during a soccer match. Ended my soccer career, shattered my dream in pieces." He sighed dramatically. "I could've been the next Ronaldo. This one just crushed my hopes and put me in that deep dark place." He wiped his imaginary tears. "Hence, God sent you as Noor to light up my dark life."