• a walk down the memory lane •

That one time when she found out her husband apparently smoked.

"My husband smokes?" Her head started spinning as she heard Mrs. Wahab's voice. "I'm going to call you back Aunty!"

She cut the call without waiting for the reply. She marched down the hallway, stuffing her mouth with cookies in anger. She pushed open the doors, narrowing her eyes at the alluring culprit who was packing his suitcase.

"Rabi-" He looked up and his eyes widened. "What in the world happened? Why do you look like you're about Un-Qubool hai everything again?

"I should've known you'd do this to me? I knew it!" She crossed her arms. He could almost see smoke coming out of her ears.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh so now you're going to pretend you don't even know what I am talking about."

"Well, I mean you haven't exactly told me what's this about." He stood up stretching his arms. Her eyes went to the way his shirt pulled up near his torso, the ink slightly visible. She sighed dreamily. Why was he so damn good looking?

"Rabi?"

"Wha- What? Stop distracting me with your sexy tricks. You broke my trust!"

"Can I seal it back with a kiss?"

"ASFI!" She stomped her foot, marching towards him again. She put her hands in his jacket. He patiently waited for her to finish her investigation.

"If you want to touch me, you didn't have to find excuses." He bent down, whispering in her ear.

"ASTAGHFIRULLAH!" She smacked him on his arms. "Where did you hide them?"

"Them? Who?"

"WHO???? WHO... Who is this who?"

"I'm genuinely confused, Babe."

"First you lie to me about smoking and now you are lying to me about this supposed who?"

"Smoking?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Who is smoking?"

"You are smoking." She pressed her index finger in his chest, accusing him.

"Since when? The last time I smoked was when I was in high school. Mom found out and chased me around the house with a hanger in her hand."

"And you probably lied to her as you lied to me." She crossed her arms again, blocking him.

"Hold on." He cupped her face. "Statue."

"This is no fair."

"Ok. Who told you that?"

"Tabassum Aunty."

He knew where this whole drama must have started. Rabail's equally dramatic friend aka his best friend aka Zachary Asshole Wahab.

"You know that friend of yours... I'm going end up murdering him one day because he really is the villain of my life."

"Are you blaming Zach now?" She pouted. He leaned forward, kissing her lips.