• m i d n i g h t s n ac k•

She stirred in her sleep once again. The jet lag wasn't her favorite thing so far. She turned on her side and her husband dozed off peacefully. The strands of brown falling over his forehead. She carded her fingers through the length of his hair, pushing it back.

Fixing the blanket upon him and tucking it around his shoulders, she got up, putting her glasses on. She squinted at the wall and it was striking two in the morning. She huffed, picking up the beige pashmina shawl from the foot of the bed and walked to the french door that opened to the Veranda with roof on it.

The moment she opened the door, a wave of cold air nipped at her skin and made her shiver. She tightened the shawl around her and walked out, closing the door behind her.

It was lightly raining. The sound for some reason soothing her tired nerves. Setting on the swing sofa under the roof area, she sat on it as she stared into the night sky. The world around her was drenched in cold droplets. The inky sky barely letting her see the valley of Swat at night. Few lights at neighbor homes were blurred behind the wave of rain and they seemed like the stars had fallen to earth and sparkled in rain.

Her phone buzzed and she picked it up. Her friends across the world were awake and chasing the norms of life in broad daylight. She decided to break the news to them, knowing fully well Falak was going lose her damn shít.

👅Bad Beaches😈

Rabail
Guess what?

Falak
You're pregnant? I'm telling you I better be the first one to hold the baby.

Sanaz
WHAT!!! Bîtch what the fućk? What about your Masters???? hello? answer me now? RABAIL?

Zarmina
Awww the Baby is going to be so cute. I'm bringing him/her little clothes from Hunza.

Rabail
Uhh no. WTF Fefe? Stop this rumor-mongering.

Falak
Whatttt? Do you blame me? I mean you're always plastered to your husband... sometimes I feel like you're going to pop few babies right there.

Rabail
I'm not a damn Rabbit

Falak
But you... 🌚

Rabail
YOU BETTER NOT FINISH THAT SENTENCE!!!!!

Sanaz
You better complete your masters before you bring little monsters to this world and contribute to overpopulation. Or else I'm dragging you to court and suing you.

Zarmina
Guys! What was the news again?

Falak
💏👶🏻🤰🏻

Rabail
Stop this shît

Zarmina
🥺🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

Rabail
Asfi's grandparents are going to have a traditional wedding ceremony for us here 🙈🥰 but FALAK IS NOT INVITED WITH ALL THAT SHÎT

Sanaz
That's so sweet of them 😩 should've told me before I wouldn't have done the fellowship. 😤

Falak
BÎTCH WHATTT!! YOU'RE HAVING A WEDDING THERE WITHOUT ME. HOW DARE YOU? CANCEL THAT RIGHT NOW!