• h e r n a m e•

Pin out all the mistakes you see because they really escape me even after proofreading.

❤️🙈❤️

His wife had been MIA all day, under the strict orders of his grandmother. He pulled his sleeve up as he looked around the hallways, dodging his hundreds of cousins and relatives that saw him and snickered.

"Heena Babhi." He called out the woman who was carrying a decorative plate full of jalebis. She turned around raising her eyebrows at him.

"Jee Devar Sahab?" She put her right hand on her waist. "Does my brother in law need another favor?"

"Please. I haven't seen her all day." He stole the sweet treat from the plate before she swatted his hand.

"Fine. I need one in return."

"Waya jee?"
"Speak?"

"I need a photo of My husband and me on stage. You better drag him up there if you need to."

"You got it."

"Fine, I'll send her up. She needs to be back with Aday soon or else I'm getting beztified again."

"I promise. Ten minutes. I literally just need to make sure she is all right."

"Khan Darling." He dropped the sweet fritter from his hand as he heard that voice. His sister-in-law was just standing there holding in her laugh.

"Oh, I'm definitely sending your wife up as you catch up with your favorite person."

"No please, don't leave me alone." He pleaded, but she just laughed as the girl behind him tapped him his shoulder:

"Bye Khan Darling." Heena covered her mouth as she snickered and went down the stairs. He groaned in frustration as his phupho's daughter approached him.

"Khan." He finally turned and met with fluttering eyes of Vaneeza. "You didn't even tell me you were coming back? I found out from Mum like yesterday that you are even married."

"Yeah, about that." He scratched the back of his neck. This girl always scared the crap out of him. Even when he had been angry and muted himself for years. She'd still find somehow to tell him how much of a crush she had on him. "My wife wanted to get married as soon as possible."

"Your wife." Vaneeza fixed her bangs as she tried not to roll her eyes. "Doesn't she seem like reserved and a little backward with that dupatta tied around her head? I'm from here and have better fashion sense than that American."

"I'm sorry?" He furrowed his eyebrows trying to understand the point behind her implication. "She-"

He was about to defend Rabail, but she was standing right behind Vaneeza with her eyes bugging out. Her eyes went squinted and her fists clenched.

"Babe." He sidestepped his cousin and went to put a hand around her but she slapped it away.

"I'll see you later, Khan Darling." She put her hand on his elbow and he could literally see steam coming out of his wife's hijab. Oh boy. "and also uhm you... Miss. Whatever." Rabail's mouth hung open as she stared at the girl past him.

If he didn't do anything, this house was going to hear Rabail's colorful language and Vaneeza's murder.

"Baby," She fumed as she marched past him in their room. Pacing around, waiting for him to shut the door.

"KHAN DARLING!!!!" She screeched like a banshee. He winced. "AND I'M MISS WHATEVER."

"Babe, calm down."