45. m o h a b b a t - love (epilogue)

He rolled over, his hand reaching for her, but he found the space empty. He ran his hand across the cover and it was cold. She had been up for a while. He sat up and she was standing against the window, bare feet, watching the pelting rain. Dressed in his white shirt, her messy hair piled over her shoulder, a year later and he was still desperately and irrevocably in love with her.

She was lost in the wave of heavy rain. She had woken up for some reason, but a year later and dancing in many rains with him, rain no longer scared her. She held up her wrist. The hearts hanging off a chain around her wrist. A year without cutting. Her eye reddened with tears.

"Happy Anniversary, Rabi." He whispered in her ears as she felt his arms around her waist pulling her closer against him.

She sighed as she felt his warm lips against her neck, traveling down to her bare shoulder. His hand splayed against her skin under the shirt, her skin burning under his touch. She turned around in his arms. Her lips an inch away from his.

She raised her hand, tracing the shape of his eyes with her index finger then down to his nose. Tracing the scar on his nose, and finally running her thumb on his lower lip. This man was hers. She was still in an unbelievable awe after a year. Her lips whispering against his.

"Happy Anniversary, Asfi."

She closed the distance between them, putting her soft lips against his. Tightening her arms behind his neck as she stood on her toes. His fingers brushed against the bare spine of hers and she shivered in his arms.

"I love you to the Jupiter and back."

"I love you till the end of this time."

She felt his hands against her collarbones and then behind her neck as she felt a thin layer of cold on her skin. She felt the dainty chain around her neck as the delicate infinity sign hung at the end of it. She squinted her eyes and it had their wedding date engraved in it. Along with the date she tried to cūt her wrist for the last time.

"That was the date Allah granted you a new life. That was the date when I found out my life was nothing without you. That was the date when my fate was intertwined with yours and that was the date when you broke loose from your past."

She closed her eyes as she put her forehead against the middle of his chest. He gave a new meaning to the darkest day of her life. The tears falling from her eyes.

"Rabi!"

"I'm so scared, Asfi."

"Of what?" He placed his fingers under her chin, raising her face and staring into her red eyes.

"That it's all a dream still and that I'll wake up one day without you and find my blade in the drawer."

He cupped her face, wiping her bug tears away, placing his lips on her forehead.

"First of all, we're stuck together for life. And... You're stronger that than that, but there are days when life is hard. But I'm here. We have been through this before and if it ever comes a point I'm right here."

He picked her up in his arms and took her to the bed, sitting there he pulled her against him.

"If I didn't spill coffee over you that day, do you think we'd ever find ourselves like this?" She played withe wedding ring on his finger as he ran his hands through the long strands of her hair.

His chest vibrated with laughter as he remembered their first meeting. Who would've thought that the same girl would be his wife.

"Oh you remember what you accused me of. Mobster. Mafia head. Grim Reaper. Oh and my favorite Lucifer and Murderer."