23. h i j a b - scarf

remember to comment and vote please? ❤️

Sorry for the mistakes, I'll try to fix it later.

He heart rammed against the cage of her ribs in her chest as she felt the light force of his arms around her as if they were scared to let her go. His arms trembled slightly. She was frozen. Her body trapped in a trance. The time stood still for them. The warmth of his arms making her realize that it was not a dream.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, his words muffled in the cloth of her hijab as he still held her close.

"For what?" Barely getting the words out, as if she spoke too loud everything was going to disappear.

"For letting you go like that. I didn't answer her call. I don't know what I was doing, but I shouldn't have. When Rayyan called me, I lost it. I'm sorry Rabi."

The sky thundered outside and her hand held on to his shirt, the navy blue sweater bunching in her hold. Her eyes closed. The cage of his arms around her was the safest she had ever felt. As if the circle of his arms was going to shield her from the roar of the thunder. The rhythm of his heart fading out everything else.

Standing there with her eyes closed she knew the moment he enclosed her in his embrace her life changed. For better or worse, she didn't know. The strings of her heart entangled with his. The fate of hers falling in her hands. The silence between them much louder than their words. The rain pelting against window singing about their confused emotions.

The sky thundered yet again, waking them from the intoxication of their emotions. She felt the light caress of his lips on top of her head and he stepped back. The lightly tied scarf falling on her shoulders. Not realizing it, she stared into the darkest of the eyes, yet they exuberated the warmth she needed in that cold white room.

Her forehead creased and her heart dropped as he closed his eyes. Her breath hitched as he turned around, turning his back towards her as he took a step away. She clasped her hand around his wrist, her pale reddening hand stark against the dark ink of his arm. How different they were yet they fit so perfectly. Please, don't leave.

"What happened?" Her voice cracked in the eerie quiet of the pale lifeless room. "Are you leaving?"

He shook his head slightly. He seemed to look down to his feet as he sighed.

"Your hijab fell down, Rabail." He whispered. She gasped as she looked down at the scarf pooled around her neck. "I may have hugged you in the heat of the moment, but I don't want to disrespect you further."

Her heart beat so fast in her chest that she thought it might burst open and explode. This man. Ya Allah, Thank you for bringing him into my life. Her throat closed with respect for this man. Her eyes burned with tears as she wrapped the piece of scarf that was her whole world around her head.

"Asfandyar."

His name was laced with everything she couldn't say. The words that she couldn't announce, the feelings she couldn't comprehend, the change that she couldn't see yet. Turning around he stared into the tear-filled eyes. God knows how, but he understood the reason for her tears leaving her eyes.

She was sitting on the bed, as he sat in the small chair, hardly fitting in that uncomfortable chair.

"You should go home." She said it for the thousandth time. He just shook his head and flipped through the medical journal that was there. "I'm going to be here all night."

"Someone has to be with you for twenty-four hours. I sent Falak home. She was too loud. She won't let you rest and you need rest after a concussion if you didn't know that already." He rolled his eyes.