35. j u d a - separated

Remember to vote and comment

"Zack promised, right? He is going to bring him back, okay?"

Falak wiped her face with a cold towelette to soothe her burning eyes. Her eyes were of the color of wounds and pains.

"It's been an hour." She stared at her friend with the hope dimming in her eyes.

"Stop this, Rabail, he needs some time and that's okay. Nothing is going to happen to him."

Falak could never understand the fear boiling in her heart. The one that made her heart pound like it was going to explode.

"Stop thinking." Falak held her hands.

"What if he leaves me, Fefe. What if he never comes back. I don't know what I'll do without him. What if something happened to him?"

"Shut up. Nothing is going to happen."

Right when Falak was done yelling at her the front door opened and Zach walked in with his usual lopsided grin, followed by a soaked Asfandyar. His clothes were soaking wet. His lip in grim line and almost turning blue. Wet hair peeled back.

She shot out of her chair and went charging for him.

"YOU!" Rage filling her veins as she stared at her husband who stood there motionless. "You don't get to do this to me." She blasted, wiping her tears angrily. "Do you have any idea what I went through? I-" she swallowed the painful lump in her throat. "I thought I lost you." She jabbed her finger in his chest. "You can't disappear like this. I lost my mind. I thought I'd never see you again. Every possible scary thing crossed my mind. Fear had me choked up." She hit him on his chest. "You freaking idiot." Crying angrily.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his chest. Her face was hidden in his wet shirt as she sobbed. He tightened his cold arm around her, both holding on to each other for strength.

Her anger barely dissipated that she realized he was shivering, yet his body was burning up And heavily leaning on her.

"Asfandyar,"

She pulled away and touched his face and his face was burning up.

"ZACH!" She yelled. "Get him to the room."

Both of them holding him as they almost dragged him to the room and lay him on the bed.

"Don't Panic." Zach made her look at him and made her promise. "Get him changed. I'm going to go get Maheen. He needs a doctor."

"Falak!" Zach instructed her. "Make soup for him."

"Me?" The girl stared at Zach as if he had grown another head. "Does it look like I can cook?" She rolled her eyes.

"Damn it." He facepalmed. All of them were useless. "Go make freaking ramen noodles. He needs to eat something." He yelled as he ran out of the room and out the front door.

After helping him change into warmer clothes, She made him lay down in bed and cover her with a thin blanket.

"Asfi," Tears slipped down her face as she rubbed his hand.

"Rabi," He drawled as he tried to keep his eyes open. "I'm sorry for scaring you."

"No," She mumbled as she brushed away hair from his forehead, caressing his face. "I'm here okay?"

"hold me?" His words were raspy as he whispered.

Without saying much she lied down next to him, pulling him closer she held on to him.