• goodbyes & new beginnings •

I was missing my Asfi and Rabi, all of you and your comments
so here it is

She pulled another tissue from the box before throwing it away on the bed. Sniffing, she carefully dabbed the tears falling from her big brown eyes. The brown of it was much more alluring at the moment as he sat there trying to control his laugh.

"Rabi, stop crying. Your makeup is getting ruined." He put another box of the specific pink tissues she loved, in her lap. In these two years, half of his salary must have gone to buying tissue boxes. He rolled his eyes when she cried more at his words. His wife could probably give Meryl Streep a run for her money with the amount of drama she did.

"Did you just call me ugly when I'm already crying?"

"When did I even say that?" He threw his hands in the air, still shocked how her makeup was intact after she bawled like a baby.

"You said my makeup looks ugly." She discarded the tissue in his lap, pulling another one out.

"Look at me," He put his fingers under her chin, making her look at him. He inhaled sharply. How could he still get so shockingly mesmerized by her mere glance at him? He'd never know, but this woman had her name written on each breath he took. "There is something else going, isn't it?" She nodded, handing him the box of tissues. "What is it?"

"How am I going to let them go? This is the last time we all walk together. Beyond this everyone will find their ways then get busy with their lives. I don't know when I'm going to see them. Life will become real, and I'm not sure I'm ready to let go. I don't know how to let go?" She had those big tears falling from her red eyes.

"Come here." He pulled her in his lap, wrapping her in a warm hug. She curled up in his arms as always, sniffing his shirt. He laughed at her habit that now she so comfortably did whenever and wherever she wanted without shame.

"Listen to me," He pulled back, cupping her face in his hands. "This is life as we know it. Plus, you're not really letting anyone go. You all are just taking one more step to grow. One more step towards making a difference in this world. Yes, All of you are going completely different paths after graduation, but look how far you have come along. You'll have all of these people, it's just that everyone's priorities are going to change. And that's okay. That's part of life as long as you make an effort to stay in contact ok?"

She nodded, leaning forward, she kissed his jaw. He wiped her tears with his thumb, making her smile as always.

"And I'm so damn proud of you. You made it, Rabi. One more step closer to your dreams. Today when you walk down that stage holding your Master's Degree know that you've done it all on your own. Be proud of yourself. Be happy for yourself. Take these memories and fly with them. This is your day alright! no more crying. And remember your husband is the proudest man alive today." He kissed her red lips ever so filled with love and heat.

"Stop this right now before I get late Asfandyar Khan!" She scolded her husband. She got up to touch up her make up.

"As long as you stop crying." He followed her to the bathroom. She fixed her black hijab. He leaned against the door watching her with awe. She never did get used to his heated gaze as she still blushed. A warm laugh bubbled in his chest.

"Stop laughing at me."

"I'm not laughing at you. I think I'm still having that shock laugh. I mean you actually graduated with those writing skills. I mean is this a miracle or a sign of the Judgement day!" He pulled her scarf, messing it up.

"ASFI! THAT'S IT. I UN QUBOOL HAI EVERYTHING! RIGHT NOW! CALL ZACH! I'M LEAVING" She stomped her foot, pushed him away and walked passed him, making him laugh even more.