Chapter 47: Lead The Way

Next to the word perfection there's a picture of this man, you're welcome

Y/N's POV

You shift uncomfortably from one foot to the other, not sure how to act.

You had been wishing secretly with all your heart to see one of them again and the fact that out of all of them it was Taehyung you bumped into first your mind couldn't really process it.

How were you supposed to act, should you go back to snapping at him each time he snaps at you, tease him when he teases you, or should you think about the last time you both spoke and act normally?

You didn't know what to do and while you were biting your lips anxiously trying to figure it out Taehyung was staring at you.

You could clearly see the amusement on his face but it's not the mocking type that he usually sends your way this time he looks like he's just amused, no ulterior motive and that was confusing you even more.

Just because you saw him again didn't mean anything, you just bumped into each other and you spilled your drinks on him again, did that mean anything, no of course it didn't , it wasn't like the world was trying something shady or mocking you in some way.

You turn to him "well it was nice seeing you..." you start and he grins

"was it?" he asks tilting his head to the side and you gulp and shut your eyes 'don't fall into his trap, don't fall into his trap' you repeat those words over and over again in your head before taking a deep breath and opening your eyes only to see him standing.

He takes hold of his blazer which he had neatly folded on the stool besides him and turns to you as if waiting for you to finish whatever you were doing.

"As I was saying, it was nice seeing you again but I have to go" you say and take hold of your phone on the bar and start to walk away "why are you running away from me?" he suddenly asks and  you freeze and turn to look at him

"Me, running away?" you ask and he nods

"You're literally running away" he points out and you look around at the crowded club and then back at him "I'm not, I just don't think it's a good idea to stay here..."

"With me" he finishes for you and you gulp

"Maybe you would've preferred it if you had bumped into Jungkook instead" he says and frowns slightly looking down

This sight makes your heart clench slightly, that wasn't what you meant, and even if you had bumped into Jungkook you would've behaved the same way, right?

"No, that's not..." you start and he shakes his head and looks at you "it's fine, I'll just leave you alone" he says and his expression softens  "happy new year or whatever" he mumbles and gives you a little smile before walking off.