Chapter 70: That Little Something

🌚

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

You balance the tray on your palm as you walk back over to Namjoon's table, swerving other workers as you do so with a smile on your face.

You were surprised to see him here and more importantly not in the VIP section but at a regular table, alone.

Other than the little shared conversation between you and Namjoon the night you saw Taehyung kissing another girl, you and Namjoon didn't really know each other that well but it wasn't as if he was a stranger you were going to ignore.

He honestly seemed like a good guy and though he was always smiling calmly at you, you couldn't help but feel like a subject he was studying for some specific reason.

As if sensing you approaching he lifts his eyes from his phone and smiles at you, you return his smile and settle your tray on his table.

"Here we go" you say and he watches you as you hand him his beer, a napkin and the snacks that accompanied the drinks.

"Thank you Y/N" he says taking hold of his beer

"You're welcome" you say pulling your now empty tray off the table.

"Is there anything else I could get you?" you ask and he sits back in his seat and pats his thigh as if thinking about your question, he suddenly snaps his finger.

"Actually yes..." he says and your raise an eyebrow at him

"Sit with me" he says gesturing a hand to the seat in front of him, surprised you glance at it and then at him.

"What?" you can't help but ask and he chuckles at your surprised expression.

"Sit with me, let's catch up" he says crossing his arms and placing them on the table, leaning forward, a smile on his full lips.

You look over your shoulder at the crowded bar and at the others, going back and forth working and then back to him, his silver contacts stare at you, waiting for your response and you bite down on your lips.

It wasn't that it bothered you to sit down and talk with Namjoon but it was just a surprising offer from him, you hadn't expected him to want to catch up with you.

He probably wanted to see where your mindset was from the last time the two of you spoke.

You nervously place a strand of your hair behind your ear and fiddle with the edge of the tray in your hands "now's really a bad time..." you start and he tilts his head to the side

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" he asks, no expression whatsoever on his face and you raise your eyebrows and quickly shake your head.

"No, no, not at all I mean I'd love to but we're kind of packed tonight and I'm still working and we're not allowed to sit down with customers" you explain fast and he smiles as you breathlessly look at him, chest rising and falling