Chapter 60: Off Limits

I will not stop until I use all the gifs of Jungkook lifting his shirt 😋😈

Y/ N's POV

You sigh into your arms placed on the marble edge of the pool and let your lower body float in the water, watching your friends through the glass doors leading out the indoor pool to the backyard.

Everyone seemed to have forgotten the scene caused by Taehyung and was enjoying the day.

Despite it still being winter, the sun was out and it was a little warm, it wasn't such a bad idea this barbecue party.

All your friends were laughing, eating and spending time together but it was much harder for you to pretend like nothing happened.

You didn't want to think about him and his words and just how much they hurt you but it was hard not to.

It was always the same with Taehyung, one minute he's yelling at you, accusing you and the next he's pulling you in by showing signs of emotion and vulnerability.

He wanted you to prove his demons wrong but how were you supposed to know that if he was incapable of sharing things with you?

Communicating such things with you?

You had no idea that he even wanted you to do such a thing, if you had known, maybe, just maybe none of what happened earlier would've happened.

You notice Mark bringing a plate of food to a table where the others are sitting and cheering on the well barbecued meat and you feel a large guilt in your stomach.

Hopefully you didn't hurt his feelings earlier by rejecting him and you both could go back to being friends and maybe this time you could be a better friend to Mark.

He wasn't the only you had to be a better friend to and you bite down on your lower lip guiltily at your two closest best friends that you were supposed to be 100% honest and open with.

Lisa and Rosé only wanted what was best for you, yes they were nosy and always butting in your business but it's because they love you and also want to stop you from making mistakes like the ones you made today.

You had to apologize to the both of them for your behavior, they weren't the ones you should be angry at but yourself.

Deep in your thoughts and watching your friends laugh and talk you don't pay mind to the man swimming towards you, he goes underwater before he reaches you, ready to surprise you.

You straighten your lower half and start to push your body away from the pools edge when you feel warmth on your back.

You back up and meet a firm wet chest, two strong arms reach out on each side of you, and strong hands grip the edge of the pool, caging you.