Chapter 71: Running Away

ah here we go again...✈️

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

You finish brushing your teeth and washing your face, gently patting the towel against your skin before sighing and staring at your reflection.

Your eyes are still a bit puffy from crying last night and your head aches but there's a warm and at ease feeling in your stomach as you fix Jungkook's shirt on your body.

You can't help but bring the collar to your nose to see if it smells like him and you smile when you realize it does.

You pull your hair up into a messy ponytail as you walk out of his bathroom to his bedroom, you can hear him in the kitchen making breakfast and your heart softens.

You start to fix the bed, sheets and covers crumpled due to both of your bodies, intertwined as one...

Maybe happiness was a possibility for you after all.

FLASHBACK

You watch Jungkook as he sleeps, your knees brought to your chest.

He lays on his stomach, a side of his face resting on his pillow, his lips are slightly parted as he releases soft relaxed breaths.

The moonlight outside the window peeks through his white cream curtains and reflects on the side of his face, his dark fluffy bangs, parted, against his forehead, ghosting his eyelids.

You feel the need to push them back but you don't, afraid to wake him while he seems so peaceful.

You couldn't sleep due to what occurred at work a few hours earlier.

It wasn't that you weren't thankful for Jungkook for stepping in to defend you, no, that wasn't the problem.

You place your chin on your arms and blink staring at the cut on the side of his lower lip that you had applied treatment to when you guys arrived to his place.

Jungkook had apologized for losing his temper the way he did but you had simply reassured him that it was nothing but it wasn't 'nothing'...

Was it?

The look in his eyes had made you take a step back and you couldn't help but compare it to a look you had seen one too many times as a child.

This scared you.

Yes, he was defending you and you knew it was stupid to think Jungkook could ever hurt you but just that simple look in his eyes earlier had made several questions rise.

He had told you about his anger when he had been released from his orphanage, an anger so blinding that he was capable of setting the building on fire.