Chapter 76: When It's Real...

Voice as deep as the ocean and hair just as blue...damn... 🤧

Could our Tae be going blue hair soon? 🌚💙

Y/N's POV

You slowly slam the car door shut and glance up at your apartment building before releasing a sigh, exhausted from the day and its events but oddly at peace.

You still had a lot to think about and you were dreading the moment you would come face to face with Jungkook again.

You reach out and touch your cheek feeling a hint of sadness fill you.

Coming back to Seoul just made you realize once again that you couldn't run from your problems, sure you had an entire day to pretend they didn't exist but they were still there, weighing on your shoulders.

Weighing heavily on your shoulders.

You knew you had to talk to Jungkook but...

The sound of the driver's side door slamming shut brings you down from your thoughts and you lick your lips and slowly turn.

You look up at him as he approaches you, his hands behind his back.

You were thankful for everything he's done today but you couldn't help but be curious as to why he did it.

Why did he do all of this?

It was clear as daylight that he was trying to keep things professional between the two of you, that he was trying to keep some sort of safe distance between the two of you and you understood his reasons.

The two of you together in the same place without some sort of limit  could only cause damage.

You knew this and yet for the second time since you've met him, today was yet another one of those days where it was as though that limit still up between the two of you really didn't mean much.

As if it those boundaries couldn't stop you two from thinking about certain things or saying certain things to each other when you were together without really saying what was really supposed to be said.

You witnessed a side of him you knew was there all along and yet it surprised you that he'd even want to show it to you.

The muse contract was supposed to be one of the boundaries keeping you both from each other and you agreed to this because you not only agreed to the terms but because you wanted to get to know him, you wanted to help him.

Today was surprisingly different...

"You're home now..." he states deeply while looking down at you and you simply stare up at him, questions lingering in your head and your usual curiosity poking your sides.