18. Tables do turn..

Shezaad's POV

I glanced at the clock.. 11:45 pm it showed,man too late isnt it..

"Shezaad.. she is a girl.. she is not supposed to stay this late.. tell her to stop and go home.." the sensible part of mine put forward its opinion while my egoistic self snapped
"Shezaad dont give in too much.. first let her finish".

"Shez.. listen to him and youre doomed.." my sensible self again for which I nodded
"Shezaad no-"
"Now both of you stop and lemme handle this " I cut them short..

"Suit yourself" they replied in chorus..

Urggh.. how can I ask her to let me drop her home despite all the stuffs I've did.. "
Think shez think.." I ran a hand through my hair frustrated..

"Mish.. tell me way out to help her man.." I literally begged into the line as soon as Illthumish's groggy voice came up..

"You bastard she is still there.. just 15 mins i give you.. drop her home and give me a call" he ordered..

"But how mish..?"
"Just man up and ask her you idiot.. if you could shout so much and put up such a drama.. why cant you ask her to let you drop her ..

"But how?"

"Figure that out yourself you idiot..and call me back in exactly 15 mins.. I'm waiting.." with that the line went blank..

"Maryam.. its late already.. can I drop you home?" I rehersed..
Nah.. too blunt shez..

"Maryam.. get inthe car, Im dropping you home.." I used a more rigid and harsh tone..

"Shezaad buddy.. you use that tone and she will be sending you to your death bed in no time.."

Damn yeah.. Itthu's voice rang through my head.."dont control things.. just take a deep breath and let things take place to their accord.. they know where to take you... where you are supposed to be"
Yup he is right..I relaxed my stiffened shoulders and exhaled a deep breath and let the situation sink in..

"Maryam.. I'm sorry for being so blind as you call me.. I failed to notice that was all Zaara's doing.. please forgive me and please let me drop you home tonight.. trust me and there is no way Im letting you go alone tonight.."

My mind spoke on its own.. letting the words flow.. it felt so real and true.. like seriously honest..
"Youre on the right track buddy" my sensible self gave me a pat..
"Cheesy much.." my egoistic self chortled..

Now for the one last time..
"Im sorry.. I was truly blind-"

"Sir.." my rehersal session was cut short when her voice penetrated through my thick skull and sunk into my mind..
Crap.. did she hear what I was speaking..

"Sir.." she called out a quizzical look on her face..
"Its just- umm.. I was practising my speech for tomorrow.. um.. why.. why didnt you knock?"

"Well I did.. not once.. but thrice.."
"Oh.. I was soo engrossed in it I failed to notice.." I chuckled nervously face palming myself internally.. she gave a nod and stiffled a yawn.. man.. she looks damn tired.

"They are done.." she handedover the file.. I pretended to go through them while I contemplated to perform my rehersed portion or not..

"Well.. they seem to be in order.."
She nodded and turned to leave.." umm.. Ahaana.." her name came out foreign and merely a whisper..
"Yes?"
"Thank you.." I mumbled while she gave me a nod and got onto her feet.

I quickly packed my stuff and followed her out.. She seemed to be so engrossed on the phone.. her hands straightening stuffs on her cabin,getting ready to leave..
"Nush.. chill I am leaving.. It wont be very hard to find a taxi or an auto now.. I'll be fine.."
She seemed to be talking to Nushrath that she didnt hear me tiptoe..