30. A rainbow in the middle of hailstorms

Third person

In a trudging pace, shezaad gaited down the stairs, Eyes trained on the main door as he passed the dining room taking evasive steps yet couldnt escape one certain pair of eyes, watching him out intensely since the moment he stepped into this world..

"shezaad is it you.." his mum called out from the dining room making him halt in his track..

"yes mum?" he replied in a whisper,looking at her while all eyes at the table were trained on him..

"No idea of breakfast today too?" she inquired in a stern voice laced with oceans of love and grief.. "come on join us.." she urged..

He sighed defiantly yet couldn't win against his mother's penetrating glare.. he walked towards the table and took his usual seat beside Sheza while she stuck her tongue at him grinning as she did every time, planning onto intiate their unending bickering..

He was suddenly taken aback by the routinal gesture, how long since he actually had an argument with her, how long since he actually had breakfast at home, how since since he actually spoke with his family.. how long since he lost being himself..

His mother stared at him expectantantly with his favourite pancakes and chicken gravy with lime, waiting... a fat smile made way to her face when her actually smiled and moved his plate towards her..

She placed his plate stacked with pancakes and watched triumphantly, stroking his hair while he father walked out saying his salams giving him an affectionate pat..

He raised his head to see three curious pairs of eyes staring at him anxiously.. he stuck his tongue at Zya and Rafah and Winked at Danish with a sly smirk twirling his fork in a naughty manner which they were being shouted at by their grandma for doing and the kids broke into a trail of hysterical laughter..

"kids how many times have I told you keep your bickering and giggling shut atleast in the dinner table.. haven't I taught you all-" safreen came out of the kitchen carrying four glasses of milk and stopped seeing Shezaad..

"well, Well look who is here.. Salamz baby.." she set the milk on the table and kissed his forehead. no matter how much he grew,she still saw the rosy little bundle her parents brought home, wrapped in a blanket.

"mommy me your baby naa.." Rafah wailed glaring at Shezaad enviously while he smiled at her..

"you are honey.. but he will always be my first.." she spoke emotionally looking at him with lomging eyes..

he lowered his eyes unable to meet her loving gaze.. he knew his family was trying their best to bring him back, he was so thankful to them and so badly wantedly to return back their affection, but no matter what he couldn't..

"Now guys.. its milk time.. one.. two.. three.. she pasaed on the glasses and found the fourth seat emplty.."where did the trouble maker disappear now..? She wondered aloud..

"Shezaad  Chachu.."

Her thought were cut short by a tiny figure running down the stairs calling out Shezaad.. the moment his eyes fell upon the walking miracle, his eyes lit up and a satisfied smile made way to his lips..

she ran down the steps hurriedly, her pigtails bouncing along with her and jumped on to shezaad"s lap, while he scooted her closer wrapping his arms around her..

wrapping her tiny arms around his necks, big dove eyes burning with curiosity and disbelief, she stared at him for a good one second and screamed

" owwy.. mowwwy cowwy chaachu your really here.."