42.Then everything fell into place

Ahaana could hear her own heart thudding against her ribcage amidst the trauma she was thrown into..

"Is shezaad okay?, why did Umaidh staged all these? and why would he ever want to destroy Ahaana's life and happiness?"- A million other questions arose in her mind rendering her into a stage of numbed haze..

she nervously glared at Itthu bhai griiping on to the steering conentrating on the road.. Mayera sitting beside her squeezed her hands in reassurance for which Ahaana only nodded..

The whole affair was beyond frustrating.. To think that someone would have the vengeance to go to the extent to making her suffer didn't still seems to sit well with her, but knowing that it was all staged by the little boy who was her comfort during her worst days- Well you couldn't just describe the feeling of fused betrayal, hurt and rage she felt..

When Nush stopped her saying she could go confront him later.. She defiantly agreed otherwise, she couldn't go further in her life without knowing what made her deserve all these.. she finally persuaded nush to cover up for her for a few hours and and dragging the just-arrived Mayera by the hands she made her way to the office.

Not bothering to make it up to the parking lot, Ilthumish applied the brakes abrupty at the entrance, the tires screeching madly painting the pavement in rubber imprints, he opend the door and was gone in a whisk..

"bhai.." she called out but he was nowhere to be seen..

Tumbling out of the door, she ran towards the entrance only to fall face down on to the floor tripping on her long skirt if not for Mayera.. who gripped her hands tightly and straightened here on to her feet..

"thanks Mayu.." she replied steadying herself " no idea why do we have to wear this long stuffs.." she rolled her eyes in frustration..

Mayera gave her an amused smile.. " Ahaana.. whats happening? why are we here?" she questioned still smiling at Ahaana who was struggling with her dupatta now..

"Mayu.. long story Hon, you wouldn't understand without subtitles.. so just stick with me for now" she winked and made her way inside occasionally tumbling.. shaking her head bemusedly Mayera followed her inside..

she barged into Shezaad's office only to stop in midtrack shocked at the scene.. the three of them were a blur.. Ilthumish had collared umaidh and was shaking him violently while shezaad tried to stop the strife in construction only to fail profusely..

Finally Shezaad succeeded in pulling Illthumish away who was still growling in rage.. "let me at him shezaad, That bastard.."

shezaad was bewildered.. " bhai.. whats wrong.. why are you thrashing Muaadh.." but his voice was drowned in Ilthumish's growls while Umaidh hung his head down, not moving..

Eventually finding her voice "bhai.. stop.." she called out.. sighing he broke himself out of Shezaad's grip and fell down on the coach..

"chukki.. what exactly is happening? Why are you here? aren't you supposed to be at the function.." he questioned eyes darting at Mayera and her..

At the sound of her voice, Umaidh looked up.. "di-di.." he stammered, his face blank and pale..

For a moment Ahaana was stunned.. he was not anymore the thirteen year old boy who was following her around ans hung at her every words.. he's grown.. his height reaching that of shezaad's, a small stubble grazing his chin.. his eyes- they weren't the excited pair anymore.. the ones Ahaana remembered.. this pair seemed to be lifeless.. lost..

Ahaana walked up to him.. "Umaidh.. were you the reason for all troubles between me and Shezaad?" she interrogated in a deathly calming voice, while her heart thudded wildly in her child hoping for an answer otherwise..