40. Its enthralling to have your deepest prayers answered

Lying against the headboard, cross legged and a book clutched in her hands, eyes racing along the pages absent mindedly hardly taking in anything.. Ahaana Sighed, not in exhilaration nor annoyance but with a grateful heart swimming in euphoric degrees of love and gratitude towards her rabb, towards the almighty..

A month ago,If someone had the audacity to tell her that, precisely in days to come by, she would be in the nikkah of Shezaad Ikam Mahnoor and become his rightfully wedded wife, she would have cackled wryly straight in their faces and would have recommended them to assure themselves of their sanity..

But still here she is.. after many a trials and barriers married to her pumpkin head..

Strange isn't it, seeing your heartfelt prayers answered before your eyes..that unbelievable sense of tantalizing bliss... rising your feet inches off the floor while your heart cries out in submission down in the ground.. fusion of undented bliss that your prayers didn't go wasted but indeed delayed to be conveyed at the right time, and relief of a blessing unprecedented by the adversities that nevertheless made you strong.. creating a scene of gratitude, blessings, hopes bit of tears and of course abundant smiles..

strange isn't it.. we never realize the the power of duas which moves mountains.. rendering our troubles weaklings..

Muttering a prayer of gratitude, Ahaana picked up her book to pursue reading while Nush walked in to the room carrying a sleeping Haala and plopped her on to the bed next to ahaana..

" I thought You would be already asleep or is that wedding nerves I sense Mrs Shezaad Ikam Mahnoor.."

a small smile and a tinge of pink suffused her face at the mention of his name.. "seems I am that now.. aren't I.. bush.. I guess it takes time to sync in" she wailed..

"come off it chukki.. You had your Nikkah a week back and your engagement almost a month ago and your wedding reception to be held in two days time..and it still doesn't sync in" Nush wailed evidently annoyed..

"its just that I've been praying for it for so long that it feels soo unreal.." Ahaana replied in a small voice, eyes glazing over..

"seems ethereal isn't it? how life surprises us.." Nush smiled.." and by the way get ready to move your ass out of my room in just two days ok.."

"what? I have to move on the day of the wedding itself? why cant I move when I feel like?" Ahaana asked putting up an innocent face..

"and what if your weird brain feels to move.. like lets  say in another 25 years? and my poor itthu is to be stuck with that idiot again?" she snapped..

"he isn't an idiot.." Ahaana shot back at her almost at once and hung her head down regretting her sudden out burst..

"woah.. " Nush smiled creepily " I thought it might take more than this to make you fall.. Ahaana Maryam aahil.."

Before Ahaana could retort a knock on the door cut their conversation short..while a head emerged from the door saying "are you girls gonna bring the house down?"

"Nope.." both Ahaana and Nush chorused together..
"When will you even stop bickering women.." Itthu shot faking exasperation..
"Neveeeeerrrrr..." the gurls prolonged.. hifi-ing each other..

"Unbelievable.." he muttered under his breath while a nervous looking Shezaad smiled from the threshold..

"Well.." Ahaana said raising her eyebrows.. "it still doesnt explain why you are here at this unduly time"

"Well..." Ilthumish started imitating Ahaana.. "well this over grown baby here was soo nervous to meet his wife so that I literally had to drag him over.." He explained pulling a pale looking shezaad into the room..