Note to self: Need more sass

"You're from the Southern Water Tribe?" Katara blurted out.

"Just like you," Hama smiled sweetly to Katara.

"Well, like those two, anyway," I added helpfully. "We're from... somewhere in the middle of the ocean, probably."

"Speak for yourself," Jin raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm Sa-African."

"If you're from Africa," Mogui put on a dopey American accent. "Then why are you white?"

"Gosh, Mogui," I gasped in an equally blonde American accent. "You can't just ask people why they're white!"

"And I'm from the Earth Kingdom," Toph said cheerily.

The group all looked at Mangetsu, who shrugged. "Secret."

"Whaaa?" Mogui blinked comically.

"I mean... come on...the Village Hidden in the Mist?"

"He has a solid point there, Mog," I said.

"I dunno, it's kinda... hazy to me," Mog grinned.

"Ughhhh!" Mangetsu groaned loudly. "More importantly..."

"Yeah, how'd you know we were from the Southern Water Tribe?" Katara questioned.

"I heard you talking around your campfire," she said. "I also saw that clever little trick with the mist that your friend was using."

She smiled fondly at Mangetsu, who gave her an odd look like... "dude, stahp" kinda look. Like he was mildly creeped out but was tryna be nice.

Fail, dude. Fail.

"But why didn't you tell us?" Sokka questioned.

"I wanted to surprise you," Hama said sweetly. "I bought all this food today, so I could fix you a big Water Tribe dinner. Of course, I can't get all the ingredients I need here, but ocean kumquats are a lot like sea prunes if you stew them long enough."

Aang grimaced in complete disgust. Note to self, avoid the kumquats.

"Great," Aang sighed.

Note to self... MAYBE try the kumquats.

"I knew I felt a bond with you right away," Katara said brightly.

Mangetsu bonds with no one, so I guess his expression of mild creeped out was normal. For Mangetsu, anyway.

"And I knew you were keeping a secret, so I guess we're both right," Sokka said brightly. Katara punched his arm. "Ow! But I'm sorry we were sneaking around."

"Yes, be ashamed, how dare," Mangetsu said sarcastically. "Good to know the "from the Southern Tribe, living in Fire Nation" was more interesting than the waterbender part of all this."

"They did overlook that completely," Jin agreed.

Hama chuckled.

Katara suddenly gasped as if just realizing what Mangetsu had said.

"Wait, you're a waterbender?!"

"Mangetsu did say that," Mog said.

"Twice, in fact," I added helpfully. "Each time more sarcastically than the last."

"Thank you," Mangetsu sniffed. "I do try. Sometimes."

"Gee, I couldn't tell," Jin rolled her eyes at him.

"Guys, getting off-topic here," Katara said impatiently, turning back to the old woman. "I've never met another waterbender from our tribe before."

"Come, let's get cooking," the old woman sighed heavily. "We can discuss it all over dinner."