Cheap Shot

"After I leave today, I'm going to free Uncle Iroh from his prison and beg for his forgiveness. He is the one who has been a real father to me," Zuko declared to his father, not slowing in the slightest.

"That's just beautiful," Ozai chuckled sarcastically. "Maybe he can pass down to you the ways of tea and failure."

"I'll also search for Amaya and beg her forgiveness, too," Zuko said solemnly. "In her own way, she has been the most patient with me. She taught me real love without my realising it."

"So she lives too? Azula is losing her touch," Ozai sneered.

Zuko felt Amaya's hand on his shoulder squeezed a little tighter as if to say, "I believe in you."

"But I've come to an even more important decision," he paused. "I'm going to join the Avatar, and I'm going to help him defeat you."

"Really?" Ozai grinned slyly. "Since you're a full-blown traitor now and you want me gone, why wait? I'm powerless. You've got your swords; why don't you just do it now?"

"Because I know my own destiny," Zuko retorted. "Taking you down is the Avatar's destiny."

"I hate that I agree with your dirtbag dad, but it would save everyone a lot of problems if you just stabbed him in the face now," Amaya commented into his ear.

Zuko sheathed his swords, smiling slightly to himself.

"Goodbye."

Ozai stood as Zuko turned away. "Coward! You think you're brave enough to face me, but you'll only do it during an eclipse."

"I haven't heard someone yelling 'kill me now' louder than this guy since the last time Azula and I spoke. And I was the idiot," Amaya muttered with a sigh.

"If you have any real courage, you'll stick around until the sun comes out," Ozai sneered. "Don't you want to know what happened to your Mother?"

Zuko froze in front of the doors and turned to face Ozai.

"Dirtbag uses cheap shot," Amaya commented. "It was super effective!"