Prison Break Fail

They landed near a Fire Nation prison that was clearly the victim of some kind of attack. Craters covered the stone walls and stairs, and even while Zuko charged ahead, Mangetsu knew they weren't going to find the person he was looking for.

There were too many signs that an earthbender had made their way through this place. While Zuko disappeared down one hallway, Mangetsu paused and pressed his fingers to a cut in the wall.

"Master?" he muttered, his eyes flickering around the space before he backed up some more.

His eyes could just make out the shape of a lotus cut into the stone - but in such a way that you had to be looking from a specific point to see it. When Zuko returned, Mangetsu waved him over.

"Found the fat man?" he commented.

"That's incredibly rude; you know that, right?" Amaya sighed.

"Uncle escaped," Zuko responded. "Looks like this was pointless."

"Not entirely," Mangetsu pointed towards the scratches in the wall. "I think Master Piandao was here."

"You know Master Piandao?" Zuko looked at the short blonde with wide eyes.

"He taught me how to fight," Mangetsu paused. "Well, he honed the skills I already had."

"Are you saying you could fight before you met this Piano guy?" Amaya pressed.

"Piandao and yes," Mangetsu rolled his eyes at Amaya. "How do you put up with her?"

"You get used to it."

"When?"

Zuko paused and looked over at Amaya - who was sitting on a windowsill with an amused grin.

"You know... I have no idea."

"Brilliant," Mangetsu sighed as the two made their way back to their airship.