Chapter 26:

Tamiko's POV:

I suddenly felt two strong arms wrap around me..

"Dad..what are you doing here?" I whispered just standing there...

I felt my eyes blurring up....no I'm not going to cry...i'm not going to cry..i forgave...i forgave!

"I was worried about you..! For two days straight I couldn't stop worrying! I couldn't sleep..i couldn't eat properly..!" I finally gave into his hug.

"I'm sorry!" He whispered into my ear.

I just let the tears fall as we hugged one another like it was the last thing we would ever do..!

After awhile my tears subsided...then i invited my dad inside.

"Tamiko sweetie, are you hungry?" he asked me, walking into the kitchen.

"Well, I guess I'm a little peckish." I told him

"Okay, how about I make us some burgers?"

"~Okay!~" I chirped

Ahh...it's been a while since dad cooked for me!

And burgers at that!

I mean...man!..Whatever you do..! Don't taste his cookies!! It's like literally tasting heaven!!

20 minutes later!

He comes into the living room carrying a plate full of mini burgers! Yum! His specialty!

As soon as I took one bite, it almost made me faint with joy! But the peace we had going was made into a mess..

"Tamiko, There's something I need to tell you that I didn't get to the other day..." my father said turning to face me!

"Yeah...?" I said feeling the pit of my stomach drop 'this doesn't sound good..?!' I thought

"Well..its about your mother...i think your old enough to know...!" he said looking me straight into my eyes neither of us backing down!

"And...what's that?..." I gulped preparing for a disaster to break...

"Y-your mot-ther is-s al-ive!" He just stuttered out

Alivvveee...!!!

Alivvee...!!

Alive...!

Did he just say 'Alive'...?

My mouth was gaped in 'o' as I just managed to stutter out!

"What..?! S-he's a-alive...?!"

He just nodded looking down avoiding eye-contact with me!

"Oh..." was all I could spit out after he averted his eyes towards his feet.

Wow! I wish I knew about this beforehand like as soon as I could remember or when they decided to come out of their shell and say "Tamiko, This is your step-mother treat her nicely" or when I wanted to know about my real mother "Tamiko, All you need to know is that she's gone to a better place...where she can watch over you while you grow up to be the girl she's always wanted!"

I knew those words seemed a little cheesy even for my age!! I believe I was 9 or so..!

I finally had the courage to register the truth of what is been told and speak

"You know...i, I think it would've been okay if you told me before, because then I wouldn't have had to tell lies that I didn't even know we're lies! But at the same time I feel...static and relieved to know there are such great people standing by my side through it all!"