Prologue

Hi, I am going to warn you this is a long book. I am going to put it on here as one long book because I feel like that the first part of the story tells so much about the love that happens. For anyone in the military if I have anything wrong please let me know. I tried to get answers and to make it right. My biggest fear with this series of books is getting something wrong and doing a dishonor to the people I deem my hero's. Happy Reading.

  May 16, 2017

"Harm you sure this is what you want? You want to not use skype or anything, just email?" Brian asked her as he picked her up and put her on the gate of his truck, his voice husky and rough. He moved between her legs and cupped her face in his large hand. Rough from work.

" Yea Bri. I want to try it this way. Words are heavy. They hold power. Plus were going to do pictures and packages. I think we can do it. That way I don't have to worry about making sure I'm on my computer or phone just in case you call. I don't want to be glued to the damn things." Harmony tells him, pulling in to her. Kissing him. Nipping that one spot on his neck she knows that drives him crazy.

"Babe. I'll be back in what eleven months or so? I know it feels like forever but its not. I love you. Your mine. Your my everything. My girl. Were going to do this. I know it. Now what do you want to do for my last night home?" Brian asked her trying to look away. He doesn't want her to see the tears in his eyes. He is trying to stay strong for her. Knowing its going to far harder on her then him. He has his team. His brothers and sisters. She has, well she had the bakery and Momma C. A empty house, an empty bed, an empty truck, an empty lake and on and one. The bed being the hardest of them all to deal with.

"I want to spend every moment we have together. In your arms. In our bed. So lets go. I love this place but its nothing with out you. Nothing is anything with out you" she says, her eyes full of unshed tears. She refused to cry in front on him. She has to be strong for him. He is going to war. He is going to be shot at and see things she cant even fathom. She had it easy she thought. There home, the bakery, there bed. Momma C. Somehow she would make it threw this. She had no clue how but she would. He is her knight. The one who saved her. Her nightmare slayer. God she hated those things. The medicine was even worse. Someday they could not have to do this. He would be hers forever. He was in heart and now all she needed was for him to be in body.

Brian helped her into his truck and got into the drivers seat. She sat next to him and he helped her with her belt. It was his thing. He always did this. Just like her hand was always on his thigh. He would put his hand on top of hers at red lights and stop signs. Her head on his shoulder. He smelled like wood and fresh air. All male. All Brian. He was dressed in his usual faded jeans, old t'shirt, dark brown leather belt with a large silver buckle on it. Cowboy boots. Hat. Faded with a hook on it. His hair was on the short side. He had his ever present bandanna in his back pocket. Red this time. She on the other hand was dressed up. Well her version. Long hippy skirt and tank top. Her bra strap showing. Sandals on. They had spent the day at the lake fishing, exploring, wandering around.

When they got back to the house Brian helped her down but did not put her on her feet instead he closed the truck door and carried her to their bed. Laid her down and crawled on top of her. Resting his weight on his arms. He proceeded to kiss her. Over and over. Leaving his mark on her neck. Then ripping her tank and unhooking her bra he left his marks there as well. He pulled her skirt off and then her panties. Making sure to throw them in his bag to go. He may be with out her but he did not want to forget her scent. He made his way to her sweet lips and pulled her legs apart enough to slip his head between them. His tongue lapping as her juices. His teeth nipping her clit. His fingers heading towards her hole. He pushed at her entrance but did not enter her. Grinding him into her. Demanding a release. He gave it to her over and over. She returned the favor a few times as well but for him this was about her. She needed this.

The alarm on there phones went off all too soon. A half hour before the taxi was due to pick him up. He refused to allow Harmony to drive him an hour away to get on the plane that would take him away for almost the next year. He was afraid she would not make it back in one piece. The tears would take over. They took a quick shower together and she asked him to take a few pictures on his phone of her. Something to look at while gone. Ten minutes before the taxi was due they went into the garage. 

" Harm. I want you to wear these. I promise that when I get home I'll replace them with something on your finger. Something that means forever. I love you and want to give you that now but I don't want you to wear my ring till I'm home for good. I want you to know I have the ring. I did ask Momma C. I'm taking it with me. So will you wear my dog tags? Please?." Brian asked her. Holding out a pair of the tags on a chain. She dipped her head and he placed them over her head. Watching as the tags nestled between her breasts. He kissed them, then her. She handed him a shoe box sized box. Wrapped in paper that had a lake on it.

"Bri. I love you. In the box you will find a bunch of stuff that will remind you of me, us, the bakery, our town. Our home. I know you wont forget but when you start to miss us. Open it. I don't want you to dwell on us. Just know that when your time over there is done you have me and it all waiting for you. I'll wear these with pride. My man is a Marine. He is a soldier. Strong. I'll stay strong for you. Give me another kiss? I can't watch you go. It would kill me. I love you Brian. Come back to me. Please." Harmony said to him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled his head down for a few more kisses. And one more hug. The man standing before her was not her Brian. This was Captain Brian Eric Matthews. This man wore black combat boots, Camo pants and long sleeved shirt. A camo hat. This man was stoic and stood tall. This man was a Marine. Her Brian would come back to her in a year or so. Her man could be found in the letters he wrote to her. She loved both versions of him but to her the bluejeans Brian was the best.