Home at last.

She gave them both hugs and they promised to visit with December if not sooner. Cal gave them both hugs then got in the passenger seat. She made her way to the local department store for groceries and a few other things. There were in and out in two hours. Harmony was able to convince Cal to use a motorized scooter making it easier on him and she could push the cart. They got enough groceries for a month it seemed. She forgot what she had in the pantry and in the freezer.Knowing she had red meat other then that she had to guess. They got a bunch of easy stuff for lunches and what ever else Cal threw in the cart. She laughed when he got ten bags of jerky and large things of slim jims. He also grabbed a new game system and a few games. Along with new laptop and two headsets. Telling Harmony that way she could get on hers and play with them. She agreed. It would be nice to get to know the people that Cal called family. Same as Brian. He also had to get a jacket and more pants and a few hats. He told it was because he was going to be a civilian soon. So he could wear what he wanted. He insisted on getting dress clothes. Right down to the shoes and socks. He said it was for date night. She picked out his tie. She could not wait to see him in it. Damn that man was handsome. She grabbed a new set for Brian too. Thinking it would be great to have them both in dress clothes together. He also insisted on getting roses for Momma C. and Harmony. Also some for Jenna and Sarah. Grabbing a nice set of spices for Reese. They checked out and Cal held the gifts. Harmony stopped for breakfast she was starving and as much as she loved the sandwich it was not enough. Getting extra for the crew. She took Cal down main street of there town. Pointing out the different things. She drove past "A Cherry on top". Noticing the the windows sparkled and the open sign was on. She went around back and parked. Knowing that there would be no stairs and she could not wait to use her key. She got Cal out taking note of how pronounced his limp was. She held the flowers and opened the back door being quiet. When they were both in side she took a deep breath. It smelled like home. Cal wrapped his hand around her and kissed her. There first kiss in the bakery. She hollered out "Honey I'm home". She heard screaming and running. Momma C made it too her first.

"Your home.Wait what? Is everything OK? You, another week? What?" She said crying. Harmony engulfed her in a hug setting the flowers down on the freezer. Reese and Jenna and Sarah weren't far behind.

"I'm home. Can we go out front and sit at the benches? Cal is not so steady no his legs, Yet."

Harmony showed Cal her baby as they walked threw. She noticed that everything was just as she left it. Perfect. When they got to the display case she grabbed two lemon bars and a few danishes for them.Adding juices to it. She paid for them then set them on the table. Running she grabbed the chair from office. Knowing that it would be easier on Cal's leg. He sat in it and pulled her into his lap. Sitting on his good leg. Wrapping his arm around her. Her arm going around his shoulder. The whole crew sat down. Harmony started to say some thing then jumped up and grabbed the flowers and the spices. She sat back down on Cal legs knowing that he would not let her sit anywhere else. She started talking again.

"To answer a few questions. We just got in this morning. Cal this is everyone. The gentlemen here is Reese. He does most of the rolls and breads. He is here in the early morning. He is my main savory person. The one sitting next to him must be Jenna. She moved here from NY when I had to fly to you. She saved my ass and then some. She makes some amazing cheesecakes and has a lot of tricks to teach me. The one next to Momma C is Sarah. She runs the register. Also she does a lot of inventory. She is amazing and I need to hook her up with one of your buddies. And the one that is crying is my Momma c. She is my everything. Everyone meet Cal. He Is well. He is mine"

"Nice to meet you all. I would like to say thank you to each of you for keeping Harms baby going when she dropped everything and came to me. I got you ladies flowers and Reese Harm said you would love this. Please accept them as a token of my appreciation."

Sarah had the first question "umm so what about Brian? I'm confused and what is the ring?"

Harmony got to it first "I'm still with Brian. He will be home in January maybe and when he does were all getting married. The three of us are changing our last names to Matthews-Markson. Matthews being Brian's last name and Markson being Cal's. I do wear a ring . We are not engaged. No worries Momma. Its a promise ring. The three of us decided that three of us are better then two of us. So when I got to Walter reed I know rather quickly that there was something bout Cal that I could not live with out. AS some of you know Brian had two dads.It worked for them so we want to make it work for us. I love them both"

Sarah spoke up again being Sarah "So wait are Cal and Brian umm"

Cal beat Harmony to answer that one "Ugh No. Simply No. Brian is not my type. I am only in love with Harm. She is all I need. So from my point of view I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend Brian and the love of my life"

"OK that's cool"

This time Jenna had a question "So where does this leave me?"

"well it leaves you with two options. You can stay doing what your doing or you can choose to leave if you want. I would love you to stay. We still are going to need you. There is a full time position here for you. I am not going to be able to be here like I was. Cal has pt and I have to deal with the house being built. Also I have appts of my own. I going back to see the therapist I seen after mom and dad died. I also have to see the lawyer and a few other things."

"I would love to stay. I am never leaving this place. I'm home"

"Good to hear. Over the next week I will just pop in. I need to bake you all have no clue. I missed it. I have never been this long with out sugar in my hair and flour on my clothes. Anyways next week I will have a better idea as to what things look like Cal is not out of the woods yet. There is still one graph that is causing problems. He is my main priority."

"as he should be" momma C quipped in. Then asking "when Is the wedding?"

"Mam we have to talk about that. Me and you. But from what Harm wants. When we know better when Brian is coming home we will plan it from there. Probably a month after her gets home"

"Cal here is wrong. I am thinking of a week two weeks tops after Brain gets home. I almost lost Cal. I'm not going to wait. Any more questions?"

"none that cant wait. You have not been home yet have you or to the lake?"Momma C asked.

"Nope to both. I want to get home. Take my man and go see our house by the way. We sign papers on it tomorrow. We decided to buy it when it was offered to us. So yeah. I should be in at some point. I'm going to grab a few more things and then go. Sarah would you help me please."

She gave them all hugs then Sarah helped her box up a few things adding a slice of cheesecake and some extra peanut butter cookies for Harmony. She got Cal into the car. And headed home. It took a whole two minutes. There house was the one at the the end of the street, a dead end one.