Surprises.

Things stayed quiet for the next two days until labor day weekend hit. On Friday Cal told her to pack for four days. They were leaving in an hour. He did not tell her where they were heading so she packed a bunch of stuff. When she went in to the kitchen Cal was packing a cooler and then a bunch of bags of stuff. Momma C was helping him.

"Can you grab clean sheets and pillow cases and our blanket please? Also need your purple bag and a few movies. Ill take my lap top so you can leave yours hear. Your camera if its not packed and do know where I put my beard trimmer?"

"I do ill grab them be back In a moment"She told him after she gave Momma C a hug. Those two were up to no good. When she got what she was asked to she brought it out.

"What vehicle?"

"My baby"

"ohh really? I get to drive it? You know I'm not the greatest with driving stick right? I mean I can manage but its your truck"

Cal walks over to and cups her face his lips by her ear he whispers to her "I bet to differ to drive my stick just fine now get before I forget the whole thing and keep you in my lap for four days"

"Promise" she giggled walking away with her bag. Cal pulled the cooler out and she put it in the back of the truck. Adding the bags. Glad he had a Tano cover. She tossed her stuff in the back seat. When they were ready to go. Momma C hugged and told to stay away from snakes wink wink. She blushed and told her the spitting kind were the best. She got a look form her. Oops. When they were ready to leave She asked him where to?

"The lake" She leaned over and gave him a kiss. Then placed his hand on her thigh and away they went. When they went past the spot her parents died Harmony pointed it out not bothering to look. There was still a faded ribbon on the tree. Harmony knew because she put it there last year. The farmer the land belonged to told she could come any time. She went just once with Brian. She would never go again. When they were coming up the road Harmony saw the RV parked looking over the lake. It was all set up.

"ohh my Gog Cal. You did this how? And look the house? Our house? Ohh My god and Jessie is here? Cal"

"Reese and his man did it. Brian said it was OK they drove it up here for us. He said to take you away so I did. Its beautiful up here. Babe really. Paradise."

Harmony got out and went around to Cal's side. She knew the step down would be hard so she helped him a little. He had his cane so that made it easier. They walked over to Jessie. Harmon introduced them. They shook hands and Harmony gave her a big hug.

"So lets walk I know its changed. If the weather holds another month we have walls and a roof. Then comes the fun part. That's where if you want it done faster more men will come in handy"

"Sure. You tell us what and we will do it."

"i will . I wanted to suggest putting in solar panels on the roof of the house and garage. There a little bit up front but with the sun light you get here I think there cost effective plus if you loose power you have some. It think its a win win back here and you can get a tax credit for being energy smart. "

"I like it. Lets talk to Brian but my vote is yes"

"mine too Jess. I like it a lot"

"So over here you see the concrete for the basement along with the drain. Here is the pool area. There coming Tuesday. The whole thing should be up in two weeks. I am not doing it because I know nothing about them. This is a specialty thing. Now here is the fun part. The footings are in. We start framing Tuesday. So three weeks? Maybe four you have walls windows and a roof. Next comes heating and air. We have to do that to continue during winter. Then is stuff like framing walls and electric and plumbing. The people on the fridge and freezer and tentative for for five weeks. Harm we have a lot to pick out and order yet. So what do you think"