Armed Harm.

Cal woke up alone but when he looked out the window he found Harmony. She was sitting on the dock her back to him. She was wrapped in a blanket her hair piled on the top of her head. He got dressed, made two cups of coffee is go mugs and grabbed another blanket. The sun had just come up and it was cold up there. He made his way down to where she was sitting and carefully sat down next to her. Wrapping the blanket around them both. He put his arm around her and handed her a cup. She smiled at him and took a sip. Then she pointed towards a group of treas about three hundred yards down the shore.

"our eagles should be coming out soon"

"Yeah, seen anything else"

"I think I seen a bear. I cant be one hundred percent sure but we have to go that way to check the cabin so we can look for tracks."

"Wait what, were going to go look for tracks? Harmony there dangerous."

"Yeah, were not going to look for the bear Cal just check to see if I can spot its prints. If it was here its long gone now"

"ugh no. Were not going any where a predator could be"

"in that case Cal we need to leave. You realize this is Montana right?"

"yes I know where I am"

"Then you know that were subject to mountain lion, bear, wolves, coyotes, all sorts of things."

"What the hell were you doing out here alone?"

"Cal I was not alone. I'm protected"

"by what your blanket"

"No by this" she told him pulling out a rifle from under the edge of the blanket. She handed it to him.

"wait you were sitting here this whole entire time with a gun tucked in your blanket?"

"Yeah the safety was on. I hunt. I'm safe. Brian taught me to never come down here at dusk or dawn with out it. It was in his truck. I put it in yours. She is mine. Legal. I hunt with her. Hell that gun is what harvested the deer you seen in the picture"

"Its not that I don't trust you with a gun. Although I want to see you shoot it. I would love to target practice with you. Do we need ammo? Is that the only gun up here?"

" nope here is the other" Harmony reached to her hip and handed him her Glock 20.

"what the fuck. You had a Glock on you? Wait, how, why are you packing an illegal gun"

"There is nothing illegal about it. I have my concealed weapons permit. Its with my license and the gun its legal. Its mine. It was my moms. I kept all of there guns. I also carry my dads Glock m9 when I'm up here"

"OK then, So you have them for up here?"

"No I carry pretty much all the time"

"Harm are you telling me you carry your Glock with you to the bakery"

"fucking right I am. I carry it with me just about every place I go. I had to get it from the bakery yesterday. When I left I left it in the safe there because I almost brought it to the airport with me oops"

"Yeah big oops are those the only two you have?"

"nope I own four of my own plus the two of my moms and my dads collection. There in the safe at the house. Locked up tight."

"What safe"

"exactly"

"are you telling me you have a safe loaded with guns a the house"

"your making it sound like I kill children or something. Yes there is a safe at the house. A large one. Well its more then a safe but yeah its there"

"I never seen it"

"you wont see it. You will never find it on your own. I can bet you that."

"its hidden"

"its not out in the open I can assure you that."

"So how many are in your name"

"like twenty maybe twenty five plus the handguns"

"what the fuck harm. Why do you have that many? Is there something I'm missing?"

"Because I can. But in reality my dad had like I don't know a bunch of them. He had them for different things. My mom had five of her own and growing up they bought me a few and then when we found this place Brian had me get my permit. When I got it Brian got me my first one. Its a Ruger. Then I went out and picked two of my own. Then I fell in love with one about a month before Brian left and he got that for me for our anniversary. My mom had two and my dad like six. Plus Brian's are in there. He has his pistol permit. I don't touch his though because they put me on my ass. He also has his hunting rifles"

"So total how many in the safe"

"Don't know. There all labeled. There all legal. We have documentation on each one along with ammo for each."

"Holy fuck how did I miss the hidden room of wonder"

"because you weren't looking for it."

"Mal is going to love you. You realize that's his thing. Will you show me? And is there room for mine? If so I will be have them sent"

"Wait your not mad?"

"At you? Not at all. I don't know how I missed it. Mal is going to laugh his ass off. Svet not so much. That room of yours has to stay like secret when he is here. He will flip shit. We are not allowed to have them around Rosie"

"Honey if we can almost fuck not more then a few feet from it. I think were safe. So can I have my gun back. I'm hungry."

"yes mam. Are we going to practice later?" He asked her as he tried to stand. His damn leg was being a pain in the ass. She helped him but did not let go of him. She instead stood in tippy toes while bringing his mouth to hers. She was demanding of his this morning and he liked it. She led him to the RV and made him breakfast. She ate oatmeal with berries but he would not touch that stuff so she made him a breakfast sandwich.

"If were going to scare the shit out of everything with in ear shot we need to head to the house and get a few of the hunting rifles. They need to be cleaned and checked. Also sited in. We want to do it now so as to not be shooting close to hunting season. We should call Mark so I know what he would want to hunt with if he wants to come. Also would not hurt to bring up a few of the pistols to clean them. Brian and I used to take a whole weekend twice a year to clean them and make sure they were safe and in working order."

"Lets go. I love how you seems so confident. Hot as hell Harm"

"Yeah. Lets go. Also remind me to grab my boots. And before I mess with Brian's guns I'm going to asking him. I know he wont care but its respect thing."

"I get that. I love how you want to share everything with me but you also understand boundaries. I would be a little peeved if you allowed say like Fabio come in and mess with my guns. I mean I trust him but still."

They got into the truck and headed the hour or so back to the house when they got in to the house Harmony headed towards the pantry