I am no hero, I am but a simple Marine.

Again I know little about how things like this are handled. I did my best. When I wrote this part I cried. I have felt many emotions while letting the words flow threw my fingers. This chapter was one of the top three for me emotions wise. I cried and cried. I hope i did it right or at least did not dishonor the brave men and woman and dogs who serve. 

When they headed for the airport Cal took her a different way. He showed his id few times and she drove towards a Jet that parked by itself. He told her to pull up close to it.

"I don't want to get in trouble Cal"

"You cant, I own a quarter of it. It belongs to the company." He told her as he got out. Two men that came down the stairs and hugged Cal. He waved her to join him. Not sure why she was not there. She walked up to him and put her arm around him. Just in case he needed the help. The stairs were going to be tricky but they would make due.

"Harmony meet Fabio and bull. Bull, Fabio. This is my Harmony" The one Cal called Bull put his hand out and the minute she took it he pulled her in for a hug. Then put her down and said to her "Nice to meet you Harmony, I'm William Zunta, aka Bull. But you don't have to worry. My horns wont come out unless someone tries to hurt you. Welcome to the family. Ill be your pilot today." Harmony noted that bull looked like anything but. He was tall probably six three and was built. His most stunning feature was his long black hair. It hung loose. And shined in the lights from the plane. She guessed he was native American. Full blooded if his looks said anything. Harmony instantly like him. He was sweet and had a nice smile and sparkling almost black eyes.

Fabio pick her up with out warning and swung her around a few time making her laugh. He put her down and grabbed her hand kissing it. "I'm really Paul Vano but thees assholes started calling me Fabio because of all the attention the ladies give me. They probably wouldn't if they knew we were hitting for the same team"he told her laughing. Harmony could see why the guys called him Fabio. He was about as tall as Bull but was was much more built. His hair put up in a bun. His face rugged but his eyes were amazing. She would describe them as pools of melting glacier snow. Almost like they were contacts.

"lets get going guys, my leg is giving me pain. Did Mal take care of the car for us? I forgot to make sure" Cal said as he started for the stairs

"Hey Bull can you walk behind him just in case. We have not done stairs yet and we have been on the go all day" Harmony had Cal hold her hips as she held his walking up the stairs backwards. When they got to the top of them they heard a voice.

"Staff Sargent Markson"

Cal turned around to find Cpl Barnes standing there with Mark, and few others including Sgt Hines. Cpl Barnes walked up the stairs with few wooden boxes in his hands. Harmony had the for thought to have her phone recording she handed it to Bull. Him understanding what was going on. She let go of Cal when Fabio came up behind him nodding to the camera.

"I would like to thank you for service. On behalf of the the United States Marine Corp I am here to award you your wound chevrons. Along with your third bronze star, your second purple heart and the defense meritorious award. On the August fifth in the year two thousand seventeen Staff Sergeant Calvin Seth Markson was in the middle of a mission outside Baghdad Iraq where the team that he was leading was ambushed. He seen an enemy insurgent pop up with a Ak47 in his hands and started shooting. He stepped in the way of not only that but a Molotov cocktail at the same time a RPG hit the vehicle they had just gotten out of. He jumped on top of Sgt Brian Matthews saving his life. Ssgt Markson suffered massive wounds and was airlifted to Germany and then to Walter reed where he has spent the last three weeks recovering. He is being honorably discharged officially on Sept 23 2017. But I wanted to present thees awards to him. His bravery showing many many more times over his last 16 years of outstanding service. Thank you SS-gt. Markson" Then he handed the boxes to Cal. And saluted him. The others fallowed suite. Bull and Fabio included. Cal saluted them. Knowing that this would probably be the last time he did so as a enlisted man. He started tearing up Harmony brushing them away.