Chapter 4 - The Party

---------- Two Days Later ----------

I woke up to an alarm on my phone that read "Tonight's the party". I wasn't ready. Whenever I go to a party, I have to amp myself up a full day beforehand in order to have enough energy to be around that many people I didn't know for that long. I sat up and brushed my hair out of my face. I just sat there staring at the wall trying to wake myself up. I didn't have anywhere to be until tonight, so I wasn't too rushed.

"I should probably make an update video," I said to myself in a groggy state. So, I stood up and got myself ready. Brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, and picking out an outfit to wear for the video. I ended up choosing something that was really comfortable. My audience knew that I loved comfy clothes, especially when I was taking a break from making videos. I rummage through my camera equipment that I had put in the corner of my music room to find my camera and an empty SD Card. I put it on a tripod on the desk I had set up in the room and press record.

"Hi, guys," I said this in a breathy, almost sighing tone. "I'm gonna start off by saying that I'm not officially back yet, I'm going to take another couple of days to get fully settled, but I just thought you all should know that I made it to LA. I've been here for almost 2 weeks now and I can't wait to get back to making covers for you guys. Um..." I had already run out of things to say. Quick, think of something fast so you won't have to edit the video.

"I'm spending some time with an old friend out here that I haven't seen in a very long time. He's helping me get used to the streets and the traffic and everything else that is strange and new around here." Gio had an 'open door' policy when it came to texting him with questions. Questions that I had been bombarding him with since we met at the bar a couple nights ago. "I am OFFICIALLY unpacked and moved in for good, plus...!" I gesture around my music room. "I actually have a music room now! Not just my living room with all of my instruments lying everywhere. An actual place where I can record and jam and make lots of great new stuff for you guys." I sigh and sit up in my chair a little bit.

"I want to thank you guys for letting me take this break. I know I only make weekly videos, but the quality of them means a lot to me. So, I always spend a lot of time perfecting them and making them all perfect. So...what I'm saying is...If I didn't take this break, you guys would have been facing 2 weeks of really sucky material." I laugh at my own joke. "I'll see you guys soon. Thanks again. Bye."

I blow a kiss to my camera and hit a button to stop recording. I sit in my chair for a minute and reflect. Everything in my life in the past two weeks has moved so fast that I hadn't had time to just stop and revel in the moment. I looked around at my music room; swiveling around in my chair. I had dreamed about having a room like this since I was 6 years old, and I finally had one. Now, I wasn't too happy to have moved away from a city I loved, but I know that everything happens for a reason. Maybe not because some man in the sky wanted it to happen and it was already written out in some divine plan, but a reason that would open more doors and give me more fantastic adventures than I had even planned. I logged onto my desktop and uploaded the video without editing it. I called it "LA Update". When the video was done uploading, I turned off the computer and left my music room.

I decided that if I was going to be spending the night with a bunch of people I didn't know, then I might as well spend the morning doing something that I loved; something that would calm me. I decided to watch some Netflix. Just, catch up on a couple shows, maybe watch a movie I hadn't seen before. Who knows. I just knew that I was building up the energy to be around 13 people I didn't know.

---------- A Couple Hours Later ----------

Another alarm goes off on my phone. "Time to get ready". I think about whether I want to go to this party or not one more time. I sigh and say to myself, "Yeah, I'll go." I slump off of my couch and slowly make my way to my bedroom. I needed to find something to wear. Even though I had no faith that this Joe guy was going to be a good match for me, I still wanted to look presentable at the least. I really just wanted to go out in what I had on; a hoodie slightly too big for my frame, yoga pants and some knee-high pink and black mustache socks. Ok...So maybe wearing what I had on to a party wouldn't be the best idea. But, I would have been more comfortable, that's for sure.