Chapter 39 - Meeting the Boys

The next time Joe needed to go to set, I got to go with him. He told me he would formally introduce me to the other guys and I got very excited. Of course, I was excited when I met Brian and Roger, but I was also excited to meet Rami, Gwilym, and Ben. On our drive over to set, Joe told me that the scene they would be filming was one where Freddie leaves the band to start a solo career.

"They plan on using the perm for those shots," he explained. "I guess they didn't want to film them right after I got this so that it would look a little more natural," I laughed. "What?"

"That can never look natural," I pointed to his head while I talked.

"Yeah, I know. But, you know what I mean," I nodded and we kept driving. We came upon this beautiful house. It was extravagant and wonderful. It was about 3 stories high and the outside was made of beautiful red brick. The driveway out in front of it was lined with white, windowless vans that transported all of the filming equipment there. Some crew members were still unloading things when we parked the car. We walked up to the house hand in hand. Joe opened the front door like it was nothing and he pulled me into the house. I think the main reason he was holding my hand was to make sure that I didn't stop in one place for too long and get in someone's way as I admired the design around me.

The interior of the house was even more elegant than the outside. There was a spiral staircase up to the second floor, the tiled floors were perfectly waxed and clean, and all of the furniture and wallpaper looked like it had been pulled from the eighties. Which I guess was perfect for the time period they were going for. The crew probably brought the furniture themselves, but it was all still very beautiful. We passed a room that had a yellow and tan theme to it. A big camera and lights were being set up there. I could only assume that this was where the scene was going to be filmed.

Joe kept pulling me through until he stopped to talk to someone I didn't know. They told him that they were using the rooms on the third floor as their 'trailers'. As they talked, I admired the place even more. And I stayed quiet. I didn't want to bring any attention to myself that wasn't already being brought with Joe and me holding hands. Once Joe had finished talking, he pulled me over to the stairs and we walked up together. Once again, I was being dragged along behind him as I admired the wallpaper and the banisters along the stairs. When we got up to the third floor, we saw that each of the rooms had signs with the actor's names on them.

We walked up to the first room and Joe knocked on it. He reached his hand back and pushed me forward by the small of my back. I hadn't read the name on the door, yet. The hallway was dark, only lit by the windows by the staircase.

"Are you decent?" Joe asked. I was just looking at him, questioning what he was doing.

"Never," I heard behind the door. A deep English accent ringed in my ears.

"Are you dressed?" Joe asked.

"Yes," Joe opened the door and pushed me into the room as he walked in. Ben was sitting in a chair by the vanity. He was on his phone, dressed in, what I could only assume, was his costume for the scene. He didn't have his wig on and a jacket was lazily slung on the vanity. He was leaning back in his chair. Two of the legs were no longer on the floor as he rested his feet on the counter of the vanity. It was obvious that this used to be a bedroom, but the bed was gone and all there was in the room was a vanity, a couple chairs, and a couch.

"Ben, this is Julie," I took a step forward on my own this time as I realized what was happening. Ben yanked his feet off the vanity and threw his phone down on it. He had a surprised look on his face as he got up from his seat; the chair making a slight bang as the two legs reunited with the ground.

"So, this is Julie? It's very nice to meet you," I reached my hand out for him to shake. He took it willingly, his big hands almost engulfing mine in the process. "Joe has told us a lot about you."