Chapter 20 - Checking In

Not before long, I could see the skyline of Vegas on the horizon. Specifically the Strip. A street lined with hotels, shops, restaurants, and clubs that have a bustling nightlife. It seemed shocking that an introvert like myself would want to come to such an extroverted place. But, the thing is that no one cares in Vegas. If you go anywhere in LA or Chicago or even New York and you do something strange like look slightly drunk coming back from a party, people will give you weird looks. But in Vegas, people will not bat an eyelid. It's also really nice when you want to do things out of your comfort zone. No one notices you because there will always be something weirder happening around the corner. It's fantastic.

Once we were on the strip, my face glued to the window. I was looking out at all of the beauty of the strip in the daytime. I was beaming with anticipation. Looking at all of the buildings in the daytime was like seeing Space Mountain at Disney World when the lights were on. You got to see everything that went into making this place magical at night and it was fascinating. I couldn't wait to just walk around the strip, holding hands with Joe, and taking in every second of it. It made me smile.

"Are you happy?" Joe asked looking over at me. The traffic was awful, but it allowed Joe to look at me taking in the sights.

"Yes, very," I answered. I looked over at him and leaned in to kiss him. I caressed his face with my hand until I pulled away from the quick kiss.

"Me too," He said with a smile. I could see our hotel coming up. A big green and black building that was shaped like a plus sign. It was one of the biggest hotels on the strip, possibly THE biggest. But, I didn't care. All I cared about was the fact that this was the hotel I always stayed at and it was Hollywood themed. It was something I always liked. We swung around the hotel to park in its parking garage. We had paid for a pass that allowed us to park there for the four days we were there.

After 20 minutes of looking, we found a spot and started unloading our bags from the car. We didn't have that many, just one bag each, and we made our way into the elevator and into the lobby. Before we left the elevator, Joe put on his Yankees Baseball cap along with his sunglasses he was wearing in the car.

"Going in incognito?" I asked. He looked like he was trying to hide, which in a way made him stand out.

"You know it, babe," He said fixing his hat to be the perfect angle. I shrugged at him and the elevator doors opened. We walked up to the front desk, Joe slightly in front of me and I waited for him to check us in. I was looking around trying to take in the sights I had seen before, but it all seemed so new. Like a new aura was around the place. It felt happier and lighter. I couldn't explain it, but I liked it. While I was standing there, I heard a voice come up from behind me calling my name.

"Julie?" I turned around to face the person. A girl, no older than college-aged, had her mouth open. She was with a group of friends, but none of them seemed to have noticed she stopped. She was wearing a light blue crop top and some black high-waisted shorts along with some black converse. Her blonde hair was slightly curled at the ends and she had a lot of makeup on, but it suited her.

"Yes?" I replied in shock. I didn't expect to be noticed here. I've been approached and noticed before, but for some reason, I didn't expect it here.

"OMG. I watch your channel and your voice is amazing. I've been watching you for forever! How's LA?" She seemed excited, but she also wanted to not seem that excited. Like this was a normal occurrence for her.

"LA is great," I replied. I took my hand off my bag and I was talking with my hands, trying to emulate her excitement. "Still a couple things to get used to, but I'm getting there," I gave her a small laugh.