Chapter 38 - Facing the Crowd

Warning: Some SMUT near the end of the chapter (just a bj, no big deal lol)

Four days later, Joe had another day off. We decided to stay inside all day and just relax. This was fine with me, but I wouldn't be doing any relaxing. Today was the day that the announcement video was being posted. I was stressed from the moment I woke up and Joe could tell. We both woke up in a haze, trying not to wake the other up because we weren't sure if they were awake or not. Joe knew what day it was, but he didn't seem nervous at all.

Joe turned over to start running his hands threw my hair to softly wake me up. I had moved away from him in the night; a clear indicator that I was a nervous wreck. Joe rubbed my arm until I turned over onto my back and looked at him. He propped himself up on his elbow and gave me a small smile.

"Good morning, Beautiful. What are you doing all the way over here?" I rubbed my face and realized that I didn't wake up cuddling him for the first time in a while.

"I don't know," I replied. I hadn't realized it was something I did when I was nervous, but Joe did.

"Are you worried about the video?" he asked. I looked at him with sad eyes and nodded. "Do you want to reshoot it? We have time," he was willing to do whatever to make it perfect for me. I gave him a weak smile and I put my hand on his cheek, rubbing my thumb across it.

"No, the video is perfect. That's not the problem." I pulled my hand away and he laid next to me. I turned my body to face him, our faces close, but not right up on each others.

"Then, what is?" he asked softly. He pushed a piece of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"I'm worried about what they'll say about you. I mean, I know I love you, but what if they don't? What then? I'll never be able to show you off because they wouldn't want to see you," I put my hands on my face and started to shake my head. Joe snaked his fingers between my hands and my face and pulled them away. He held them and rubbed the back of my fingers with his thumbs.

"Okay," he thought. "What's the worst case scenario?" he asked.

"That they hate you. That they won't like you because they don't want me to have a boyfriend or something? I don't know?" I paused and he just stared at me. "They would probably bombard you with hate comments and stalk you and make you feel awful and maybe... maybe you won't want to be with me anymore because of it." I didn't look him in the eyes as I said the last part.

"That's what you're worried about? That I'll leave you over a couple of hate comments?" I looked him in the eye. It answered his question. "Aw, babe, that won't happen." He said with a small laugh. He brought his hand to my face and kissed me lightly and lovingly. I still wasn't sure. "I promise you that won't happen. And if I do get hate comments, I will read them to you and we can laugh at them. Cause most of them are just ridiculous." He smiled at me.

"I still wouldn't be okay that you got them in the first place," I replied with a small, weak smile.

"So what? Who cares? It's the internet, it happens. You should know that by now," I nodded. "Yeah, see? You know. Will it change how much you love me?" he asked in a light tone.

"Not at all," I replied, making it very clear.

"What about if you get hate comments from my fans? I'll be telling them too, and that's another army of people who might be upset. Will you leave me then?"

"Never," I smiled.

"Okay, then why should it matter? People are going to think whatever they want. If it doesn't change your opinion of me or my opinion of you, then you shouldn't care so much about what they think," I kissed him and smiled. He made me feel so much better. When I got worried, he knew exactly what to say to calm my nerves.