Chapter 32 - Prepping For Day One

The next morning, I woke up to Joe dragging his fingertips along my upper arm. I slowly opened my eyes as I came back into consciousness and reveled in the feeling of his light touch. I hadn't moved in the night. Not even an inch. I was too wrapped up in having Joe back that even my unconscious mind didn't want to leave his side. I adjusted myself to let him know I was waking up.

"Good morning, hun," Joe whispered. He kissed the top of my head as I turned my head to face him. I squeezed my arm tighter around his waist and moaned softly.

"I don't want to leave," He let out a gust of air.

"Neither do I, but there's a big day ahead of us. We need to get ready." He patted my arm and started moving out from underneath me. If he had stayed there and waited for me to get up, he would have never left. As he left, my body flinched at the lack of warmth surrounding it, forcing me to wake up even more. I heard the water in the bathroom start running as Joe turned on the shower. He came back into the bedroom and placed his hands on the edge of the bed and stared at me. I sat up and looked at him.

"I'm getting up," I teased in a tired voice.

"Good. But, I need to tell you what to wear." I hadn't even thought about it. I probably needed to wear something specific to look like I was a normal member of a 1985 rock concert crowd.

"What?" I asked.

"Put on something that says 'eighties', but doesn't scream it. Nothing too over the top. You could probably wear a Queen shirt, but nothing too modern. You can wear makeup and do your hair too, but the same goes for that." I could tell he was still waking up and he was trying to remember and relay everything he had been told. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, got it." He smiled and walked out of the room again to jump into the shower. I badly wanted to jump in there with him, but now wasn't the time. He needed to get prepared for his first day of filming, and I needed to prepare myself for a day of meeting actors and musicians I admired and being on a big movie set. I got out of bed and went over to the dresser that I had claimed as mine. I had unpacked mostly everything before Joe showed up yesterday and only left a couple things still in the suitcase. I rummaged through the clothes in the drawers and came up some items like would look enough like the mid-eighties to pass.

I grabbed some boyfriend jeans with rips that had patches on them and laid them on the bed. I rummaged through my drawers some more. Not knowing what I was really looking for. I moved to the closet to see if I would have any luck there when it stared me in the face. The perfect shirt. It was one that my mom had actually worn in the eighties and has become one of my favorite button down shirts. It was a light pink shirt with vertical blue and red stripes. It had a flared collar that was open until right above my chest. I grabbed the shirt off the hanger and threw it on over some underwear. I left the shirt open while I put my pants on.

I heard the water stop and Joe stepping out of the shower. I began buttoning up the shirt, starting at the top, while sitting on the bed. Joe came in with the towel around his waist. He grabbed a t-shirt and some shorts out of his drawer. While he was turned, I noticed his hair wasn't wet. I smiled.

"Your hair's not wet." I laughed. He turned around to look at me and he pulled his hand up to bounce one of the curls on his forehead.

"Yeah, you're apparently not supposed to-" I cut him off.

"I know. Because if you get it wet, you could deactivate the ammonium thioglycolate and ruin the curls." I said as a matter of fact.

"What?" He laughed. "How do you know that?" I shook my head at him.

"Seems like only one of us has seenLegally Blonde," I looked down at my buttons and kept buttoning. I was still waking up, so the process was slow. He scoffed and shook his head. He threw his shirt on and tried to pull the underwear on underneath the towel so he wouldn't expose himself to me, but he was struggling. "Why are you doing that?" I asked, finally finished with my buttons. He stopped and looked quickly between me and his towel.