Chapter 31 - Reuniting

I dropped everything in my hands onto the bed as I ran past it. I knew who was coming through the door. I ran into the hallway and there he was. Standing there in a Yankees baseball cap, a black shirt, tan shorts, and some running shoes. I ran up to him as his eyes widened. He wasn't expecting to see me yet. I jumped up onto him. My hands wrapping around his neck and shoulders and my legs lifting up to wrap around his waist. I stuck my hand out to make sure he didn't slam into the door behind him.

I laid the most passionate kiss on him that I could possibly muster. 6 weeks of loneliness and sadness bleeding through my lips and onto his. Knowing he would understand how much I had missed him. His hands wrapped around my thighs holding me up more so I wouldn't fall off him. Our eyes were clenched closed and we just let our lips do the talking. I locked my feet and I repositioned myself a little higher so he would raise his head.

I broke the kiss and started peppering kisses all around his face. I nudged the baseball cap up with my nose for easier access to his forehead and temples. I kept kissing him all over as he giggled through the experience.

"Hi," he laughed. I pulled away and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Hi," I breathed. I darted back in for another kiss on the lips. Our faces hitting each other with enough force to hurt, but that didn't stop us. I got to feel his breath on my face again and his nose digging into my cheek with every slight movement of our faces. He was here and I could touch him again. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Joe started walking down the hallway. Short and cautious steps. I didn't know what room he was looking for. He stopped and pulled away.

"I can't see," he smiled and laughed. His way of showing how much he missed me was smiling and laughing and being joyous. My way was wanting to fuck his brains out right then and there. I shifted my head and started kissing his neck. I noticed that I couldn't feel his stubble on my face. And in my hurried actions, I hadn't noticed that he was completely clean shaven.

I kept kissing up and down his neck. It was light and loving. He probably hadn't expected me to jump on him like that and I didn't want to push him any further if he didn't want that. He walked us into the living room and sat down on the couch. I unlocked my feet and straddled him. I pulled away as his hands moved from my thighs to my hips. I looked at him in the eyes and he looked back. Intensity was flying through the air.

I was breathing hard thanks to my heart beating so fast I thought it was going to escape my chest. I took some deep breaths to calm down as Joe looked at me with his soft eyes. It made me want to cry again. Joe let out a big breath.

"I didn't think you were going to be here yet. I thought your flight got in later tonight." He said. I shook my head.

"I got in a couple hours ago." I breathed. I gave him a small smile. I leaned in and hugged him. He hugged me back, just as hard. He kissed my cheek a couple times and whispered into my ear.

"I'm so glad you're here. There's no way we could have done 6 months without each other. I know I couldn't go 6 months without you." He squeezed me a bit harder. His hand came up and cradled the back of my head. We stayed in the hug for at least a minute. Holding each other and trying to make up for lost time. When I pulled away, I heard Joe sniffle. I looked at his face and there were small tears filling up his eyes.

"Don't cry," I said. "I'm here now. We're together again." I smiled through the statement and I brought my hand up to his cheek. Rubbing my thumb back and forth. He took a deep breath in and smiled.

"I know. I'm just really happy you're here." He rubbed my arms with his hands. I brought my thumb down and stroked a long line along his jaw.

"You shaved." I never broke eye contact with his jawline while I spoke.