Chapter 58 - Press Tour

Warning: Mentions of and alluding to sex

--------

Two months later, the weeks we had been dreading had finally arrived. Press tours. We knew they would creep up on us eventually, but we were getting so used to our new life together in LA that we sort of forgot about them. We would just spend lazy days together, loving each other, and getting our much needed 'practice' in. It was fun and it felt a lot like those first couple of months in our relationship where we were spending as much time together as possible. The only difference was that now we lived together.

Every morning we got to wake up to each other's face. One of us usually is sound asleep when the other wakes up. Sometimes leading to lazy days in bed or wonderfully pleasurable morning sex. We liked living together. It felt right, but it also brought along a lot of challenges when it came to him going away.

We had become even more accustomed to being around each other that being without Joe for weeks on end was going to leave me feeling even more lonely than when he left for London without me. That was difficult, but I knew that I would meet back up with him in six weeks and we would be together from then on. With the press tours, he could be gone for a couple of weeks, come back, and then have to leave for another set of weeks. It would probably get very frustrating, and Joe could tell that it was on my mind a lot in the weeks leading up to his leaving.

"Are you thinking about it again?" he asked after I randomly tightened my grip on his torso as I was watching him play a video game. His gaze didn't leave the TV, but I could tell he was genuinely worried.

"Yeah, I can't help it," I replied.

"It won't last forever, I promise." He died in the game and his gaze came down to meet mine.

"It's just going to feel that way," I mumbled. He brushed his hand through my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't you want people to see the movie?" he asked through his smile. I nodded against him. "Well then, I have to go and promote it. That's just how this works."

"I know that. I'm just selfish and want you all to myself all the time." I replied, nuzzling my face into his chest. I heard him giggle at my words.

"Trust me, I want to be with you all the time too, but sadly, I have to go. It's in my contract." He was trying to make me feel better, but it didn't stop my mind from racing. He started up the game again and I just sat and watched him.

A week before he left, I was alone at home. He went to lunch with his agent, clearing up all the details of the first round of press junkets in America. He'll be going all over the country for three weeks promoting the film and doing interviews. It was a normal thing to him, but it was all new, exciting, and frightening to me. He called me from his car before he came in the house.

"Hello?" I answered. Very confused as to why he would be calling me.

"Hey, can you unlock the front door? I have a surprise for you, but I need both hands to carry it in." I was completely confused, but I did as he said. I hung up and waited on the couch for him to come through the door. He walked in holding a cardboard box. He was trying to balance it in his arms as the front door opened. He set down his backpack that he took with him and came over to the couch. "Hey, babe," he said, quickly planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi," I chuckled. "What's this?" He was beaming with excitement. I was just overly confused about the whole situation.

"Well, I know how badly you're going to miss me while I'm gone. And I was walking back to my car when I saw this and thought it was perfect for you, so I got it. Now," He stood up and opened the box. I didn't peek at what was inside. "I hope you like it because I really do." He reached his hands in and pulled out a little corgi puppy. He looked very sleepy like Joe had just woken him up.