Chapter 42 - The Instagram Post

Warning: SMUT (...oops...I guess I can't go that long without writing smut, huh)

Note: Also I made a Spotify playlist for this story. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7sCmuNvNtvh7iYs3BsQUlN It's either songs that remind me of Joe, songs I think he would jam out to, or ones that he would sing to Julie. I hope you enjoy it. (Also, I posted a couple of BoRhap imagines in another story. If you're interested at all, you can read them and if you want something written, I can do that too! You can find it on my profile.) Okay, okay, enough self-promotion. On with the SMUT!!

---------------

That night, I was half-lying/half sitting on the couch in our living room watching some TV. Joe came in and sat down on the opposite side of the couch. He wasn't relaxed. Instead, he was excited and seemed like he couldn't sit still. He was trying not to smile ear to ear. I kicked him and laughed.

"What's up?" I asked. He chuckled back but didn't say anything. "I know when something's up. What did you do?" I pulled myself up into a more seated position against the armrest completely facing Joe. He turned to me and gave me the big smile he was trying to hide like he couldn't wait to tell me some exciting news.

"I posted it," He said.

"Posted what?" I chuckled. Then I realized and my face turned into one of worry. My phone was in the other room so I didn't get the notification that he had posted something. "Oh my god," I rushed out. Joe laughed at me as I clamored off the couch to get my phone from the bedroom. I yanked it off the bedside table and unlocked it. There was the notification, "joe_mazzello just posted a photo".

I walked back into the living room just staring at the notification. I sat back down on the couch next to Joe. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the side of my head. I took a couple deep breaths before I clicked on the notification and unlocked my phone.

As Instagram loaded, my heart skipped a few beats. What was he going to say about me? What photos did he use? I was worried. But, when it loaded, everything melted away.

The first photo was one of us in front of a Christmas tree in a mall courtyard. It was a selfie Joe had taken on his phone. He was smiling into the camera while I kissed his cheek. We were bundled up to shield ourselves from the cold. I was in a winter beanie while Joe was wearing a black coat and a scarf. It was from about one month into our relationship. I swiped to the next photo.

This photo was one we took at Abbey Road. We were both smiling for the selfie with the studio and the road behind us. You could tell that our smiles were those of genuine excitement and happiness. I was holding onto Joe, but you couldn't really see that in the photo, I had just remembered that part. I swiped again.

The next photo was one of me singing into my microphone in my apartment back in LA. He must have taken it during one of the many times he just came over to watch me work. He liked hearing me sing, but I wouldn't have noticed him taking a picture because I was so focused. Swipe.

The next thing was a video. A selfie video that Joe took while we were on a date at Dave and Buster's. We were playing a basketball arcade game where you could compete against each other. You had to try to make more baskets than your opponent. You could hear the rumblings of the massive crowd in the arcade as well as the singing and dinging of all the games around us. We were both focused, because we're both so competitive, and I ended up beating him. When the game finished, I looked over at Joe's score and pointed to it saying "Oh my god, I won," My mouth dropped open as I looked at Joe who laughed at my reaction in return. "I won," I repeated as I started jumping around; smiling and giggling. Joe just kept laughing and looking over at me with so much love in his eyes. I think that was about three months into dating him. The video began replaying, so I swiped one last time.