Chapter 52 - The Last Day

Before we knew it, BoRhap was done filming. Months and months of hard work by many talented people had come to an end. It was hard to wrap my head around the fact that it was finally over. It had become such a huge part of my life and our relationship that realizing it was over made me very emotional.

Joe and Ben had wrapped a day before Rami and Gwil. Dexter loudly announced the wrap for Joe and Ben's scenes and everyone cheered. No one was as loud as me. I was screaming and clapping. Cheering on Joe and Ben as they hugged. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes, but I stopped them. Just seeing the two of them hugging and knowing it would be the last time I would see them in costume really hit me hard. But, Joe and Ben vowed to come back the next day for Rami and Gwil's wrap.

Joe and I went home that night. An air of sadness lingering over us on the whole drive home. We went home and looked at our apartment in silence. A place that we had come to love in its smallness. The place where I had taken a leap of faith and moved in with Joe. It meant a lot to me. But, Joe's final day of shooting meant that we had to start packing up. We had to leave the apartment and go back home within two weeks.

"We better start packing," Joe said, patting my back. Joe moved into the living room and I went into the bedroom. I started grabbing bunches of clothes and items and started packing them up in boxes that we would ship back to Joe's house in LA. I would come and get them once we got back and bring them to my own apartment. I packed up a couple of boxes before I got to my bedside table. I opened up the top drawer and saw the box for my crown necklace sitting there. I had put the necklace away already, but the box was just sitting there. I grabbed it and sat down on the bed.

That box made me think about everything we had done together in this apartment. All of the sweet moments we had shared. Every meal I had made for him, late nights staying up and watching movies, laying in bed together talking, every relationship milestone we had here. It was all flooding my brain. My eyes met the boxes I had finished packing up and I could feel tears flood my eyes. Immediately covering my face and within seconds, I was sobbing. I'm very sentimental, so just the thought of leaving this place made me devastated. I rested my hand and the blue box in my lap, just crying. Joe came running in the room, worried that I had hurt myself somehow. He stopped dead in the doorway when he saw how carefully I was sitting on the bed. He sat next to me, wrapped a hand around my head and pulled me close to his chest without saying a word. Knowing that something was bothering me and I needed comfort. After a minute, he spoke up.

"What wrong, baby?" He purred. I took in sharp breaths trying to steady my breathing and sobs enough to talk. I sat there, releasing inhuman sounds as I tried to talk. "Okay," he said. "I'll wait." We sat there for another few minutes. Waiting for my crying to cease. When it finally did, I sat up and looked at him.

"I don't want to leave," I said. My words coming out warbled.

"Neither do I," Joe replied, softly stroking my hair to comfort me. "But, we knew this was going to happen at some point."

"I know," I sniffed. Tears still steadily falling onto my cheeks. "I've just gotten so used to being here with you and living here together. There's so much we did here," I gestured to the entire apartment. "I'm just going to miss it so much." Those words got caught in my throat and Joe pulled me in closer. Holding me in hopes of calming me down again.

"I was going to save this for when we got back to LA, but I guess this is as good a time as any," he said with a small chuckle. I raised my head again. The tears stopping as soon as Joe had finished speaking. I raised an eyebrow at him. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to move in with me." He paused and waited for an answer. I was too shocked to speak. I know we had been living together for the past 6 months, but that was because we had to if we wanted to stay together. This was big. "Julie?" He asked, bending down a bit to meet my eyes.